VVOB – education for development in Rwanda is recruiting
Six Educational Trainers
VVOB, the Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organisation that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers.
VVOB is currently looking for 6 Educational Trainers to strengthen our team of facilitators. The Educational Trainers will be actively involved in the facilitation of the CPD Certificate Programme in Educational Mentorship and Coaching and CPD Diploma Programme in Effective School Leadership in secondary and primary education. (S)he reports directly to the Education Manager.
The trainers will be part of the pool of extra trainers that will be called upon to replace regular course facilitators who fall out.
An Educational Trainer facilitates the efficient implementation of the CPD Programme objectives and training facilitation activities. (S)he participates in the training of trainers (TOT) course with current trainers and subject matter experts.
More specifically, (S)he takes the lead in:
- Facilitating sessions in the CPD Diploma in Effective School Leadership and using active facilitation methods and applying adult learning principles;
- Facilitating sessions in the CPD Certificate in Educational Mentorship and Coaching and using active facilitation methods and applying adult learning principles;
- Providing guidance and support to teachers specifically school-based mentors, sector education inspectors and TTC tutors, head teachers and deputy head teachers on school leadership, educational mentorship and coaching;
- Providing technical advice to VVOB by determining training needs, progress of training and suggesting improvements or adjustment to the training programmes;
In addition, (S)he:
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for trainings;
- Constructively works with other trainers, Education Advisors and the Education Manager;
- Provides the report of training sessions immediately after training;
- Assesses and mark student’s assignments and gives constructive feedback as required.
- Master’s degree in education planning, curriculum development/school leadership management or any other related field,
- Min. 3 years of experience of teaching in higher learning institution, design and implementation of training and learning materials;
- Willing to facilitate trainings during weekends (Saturday and Sunday);
- Willing to travel within Rwanda;
- Familiar with use of MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Understanding of the Rwandan education system and recent evolutions in education.;
- Familiar with learner-centred pedagogy;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender and inclusiveness in education is an asset;
- Teaching in higher education institution.
Contract type: Part time, One-year renewable
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
Location: Various locations in Rwanda
How to apply
Electronic application Only. Please submit a motivation letter and a current CV addressed to VVOB Education Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Friday 21 June 2019 at 5PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact email@example.com.
14 June 2019