VVOB-education for development in Rwanda is recruiting
Four Educational trainers- STEM
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through improvement of the professional development of school leaders and induction of new teachers.
VVOB is currently looking for 4 Educational Trainers- STEM to strengthen our team of facilitators. The Educational Trainers will be actively involved in the facilitation of the CPD Certificate Programme in STEM. (S)he reports directly to the Education Manager
The trainers will be part of the pool of extra trainers that will be called upon to replace regular course facilitators who fall out.
The Educational Trainers facilitates the efficient implementation of the programme objectives and activities on STEM. (S)he participates in the training of trainers (ToT) course with current trainers and subject matter experts.
More specifically, (S)he takes the lead in:
- Facilitating sessions in the CPD Certificate in Educational Mentorship and Coaching for STEM and using active facilitation methods and applying adult learning principles;
- Supports the development and implementation of CPD trajectories for STEM Subject leaders;
- Providing guidance and support to head teachers and deputy head teachers on STEM subjects;
- Providing technical advice to VVOB by determining training needs, progress of training and suggest improvements or adjustment to the training programmes;
In addition, (S)he:
- Ensures effective and efficient use of resources for trainings;
- Constructively works with other trainers, Education Advisors and the Education Manager;
- Provides the report of training sessions immediately after training;
- Assesses and mark trainees’ assignments and give constructive feedbacks as required.
- Master’s Degree in education or equivalent by experience;
- Academic degree in STEM-related field (science, mathematics) is an asset;
- Experience with STEM education in Rwanda;
- Knowledge of and / or experience with programme management, preferably Project Cycle Management;
- Min. 3 years of experience in the design and implementation of training and learning materials;
- Willing to facilitate trainings during weekends (Saturday and Sunday);
- Willing to travel within Rwanda;
- Familiar with use of MS Word, Excel and MS PowerPoint;
- Understanding of the Rwandan education system and recent evolutions in Education
- Familiar with learner-centred pedagogy
- Knowledge of and/or experience with gender and inclusiveness in education is an asset;
- Teaching in higher education institution.
Contract type: Part time, One-year renewable
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and editing skills
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda (additional asset)
Location: Various locations in Rwanda
How to apply
Electronic application Only. Please submit a motivation letter and a current CV addressed to VVOB Education Manager at email@example.com not later than Friday 21 June 2019 at 5PM.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
14 June 2019.