JOB VACANCY – Local Sourcing Development Manager
We are seeking to hire a qualified and dedicated Local Sourcing Development Manager at Job Grade 20 based in Kigali, reporting to the Supply Chain Director.
- To drive Bralirwa local raw material agenda in order to contribute to the achievement of the Region AMEE local raw material sourcing ambition of 50% by 2025.
- To plan the Opco local raw material requirements to support the growth projections in a sustainable and cost efficient manner.
- To manage Bralirwa’s R&D activities and agro-allied schemes to ensure the sustainability goals of Heineken are achieved.
- Manage raw and auxiliary material quality specifications by providing specialist support to Bralirwa’s raw material suppliers (Minimex, etc.) and regional 3rd party malting plants.
- Coordinate the commercial barley scale-up by insuring the extension services, seeds supply and commercial production of the barley.
- Contribute to flexible recipes development to minimise Raw Material costs by using the most cost effective recipes .
- Collaborate with IBECOR and local purchasing in the development of local raw & packaging materials suppliers (Crates, Labels, Crown Corks, Cartons, etc.).
- Collaborate with AMEE regional teams in Sustainable Local Sourcing initiatives (Sustainable barley, Carbon Neutrality…)
You may also like:
- USAID recruitment : Open Jobs/Vacancy announcements
- UNESCO Jobs & Online application( February 2024)
- Japan Embassy recruitment :Open Jobs/Vacancies
Corporate Affairs & Bralirwa Departments
Heineken Regional Local Sourcing Director, MINIMEX GM, Embassy of the Netherlands, Agricultural Head, MINAGRI,Minister of Agriculture and RAB (Rwanda Agriculture Board), Institute for Agricultural Research, Cooperatives and farmers, Ackermann, Regional LS Hub
- DEVELOP LOCAL RAW MATERIAL PLAN
- Develop Bralirwa longer term local raw material plan to serve as a roadmap to achieve the local raw material ambition.
- Establish the framework and key elements needed to meet Bralirwa requirements in a sustainable and cost-efficient manner.
- Seek alignment with top management on the local raw material plan.
- Implement the activities in-house or through development partners.
- Update the master plan regularly/on a need basis.
- DRIVE BRALIRWA LOCAL CONTENT UTILIZATION AGENDA
- Develop a local content inclusion strategy in our basic recipes.
- Monitor progress with the achievement of opco local sourcing agenda.
- Update sourcing department with market developments in terms of availability and pricing.
- Interface with the region through the AMEE Local Sourcing Director.
- RECIPE OPTIMIZATION
- Secure Bralirwa Recipe optimization initiatives into the organization by close cooperation with internal (Heineken local, regional and global) and external stakeholders.
- Develop recipe scenarios using unit production costs models to explore savings opportunities with different ingredient types/ratios.
- Initiate brewing trials (together with the Production site) as part of the approval process
- MONITOR AND STIMULATE LOCAL RAW MATERIAL PROCESSING DEVELOPMENT THROUGH R&D
- Develop/update raw material processing standards and specifications in line Global Supply Chain requirements.
- Manage Bralirwa raw material seed variety development program and seed multiplication schemes (maize, barley, other).
- SUPPLY PARTNER/SUPPLIER SUPPORT
- Together with the Bralirwa or Heineken specialist conduct process audits of plants.
- Provide problem-solving support to suppliers.
- Keep track of supply ad cost of Raw material sources.
- Explore new (regional) supply sources within and outside Rwanda.
- AGRO SUPPORT
- Oversee Bralirwa’s barley program as part of our CA and smallholder empowerment efforts.
- Supervise Consultants Breeder/Agronomist for development of new raw materials or seed varieties.
- Liaise with relevant local NGO’s for impact assessments.
- EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Interface and manage the relationships with external partners to ensure that the sustainability goals of Heineken are achieved.
- Maintain linkages with potential agricultural value chain stakeholders.
- Manage relationship with development partners (MINAGRI, RAB, Embassy of the Netherlands, Local Administration… ).
- Report and communicate partnership performance.
- Review Bralirwa sustainability publications in liaison with Corporate Affairs Department.
- Follow regional and import policies on raw materials usage and adapt Bralirwa policy where needed.
- DRIVE COST SAVING
- Explore supply chain of raw materials, identify opportunities for cost savings and drive the execution of these.
- Explore new sources of raw materials, develop business cases in coordination with local Purchasing and Finance teams.
- Explore new sources of packaging materials, develop business cases in coordination with local Purchasing and Finance teams.
- DEVELOPING LOCAL PACKAGING MATERIAL
- Identify developments of new suppliers that can extend the business to incorporate packaging materials.
- Identify investors and provide them support to build local packaging materials supply chain.
QUALIFICATION AND SKILLS
Minimum University Degree in Chemical Engineering, Biology, Business development, Agriculture, Rural development, International Development, or related field.
Min. 8 years of experience preferably in complex agricultural value chains connecting agriculture with industry.
Experience in agriculture, and/or value chain approaches in the food industry is highly desirable
Fluent in English and French (Kinyarwanda as a plus)
Excel, Word, PPT, MS Project
Networking and negotiation skills.
HOW TO APPLY
- Should you wish to apply for this position, please go to MyHR, Careers and follow instructions to apply.
- All applicants must apply using our online application system. CVs received via email will NOT be considered.
- The HR Business Partner Team will be available to support in the application process.
- The closing date for submission of applications is Thursday, 19th January 2023.