CALL FOR THE PROJECT COORDINATOR
Role: Equity, Empowerment and Engagement Project Coordinator
Organization: Association des Guides du Rwanda
Duration: July 1st, 2020 – March 2022
Reports to: Head of Programs
Association des Guides du Rwanda (AGR) is a national non-governmental organization operating in Rwanda since 1980. It is a voluntary girl-serving organization dedicated to girls and young women. We offer a wide range of non-formal educational programmes and activities, encouraging girls and young women to develop their own special personalities, make a contribution to their community, and form friendships in a positive environment.
a. Overview of the role
The Project Coordinator will be responsible for the overall coordination, supervision, and reporting of all activities related to the project “Equity, Empowerment, and Engagement Programme” to ensure that the project’s objectivities and results are achieved in a timely manner and according to the agreed standards in the project framework and in the related grant agreement document.
b. Key responsibilities
- Management of donors Partnership Agreement
- Responsible for proper management of project grants
- Responsible for budgeting / budget revision / liquidity plan tasks
- Monitor budgets and speed up spending to avoid unnecessary underspending or overspending
- Process requests for budget reallocation if need be and inquire donor approvals
- Liaise with the Project Accountant and ensure regular posting of support documents in the accounting system
- Compile donor reports and process reviews by the Head of Programs before submission to the donor
- Ensure timely submission of donor reports (Financial, Monthly, Quarterly, Annual Reports)
- Oversee planning, monitoring, and implementation of all project activities
- Master project success indicators and ensure timely implementation & completion of activities
- Ensure good collaboration with project stakeholders including local authorities, AGR District Commissioners, community structures, schools, etc
- Represent AGR in government forums (JADF) and local based Technical Working Groups
- Draft Terms of Reference (ToR) for the recruitment of external consultants
- Monitor the work of external consultants and liaise with Head of Programs if there are any issues
- Lead on recruitment and supervision of the work of Project Team (e.g. mentors) and conduct Performance Appraisal
- Performs any other duties assigned by AGR
c. Key Performance Indicators
- Effective management of partnership agreement with WAGGGS/UPS
- Compliance to donor grant requirements (e.g. reports, spending)
- Effective management of project budget
- Effective planning and monitoring of activities
- Timely completion of project activities
- Timely achievement of project targets and outcomes
- Quality of donor reports (outcome-based reporting, timely submission)
- Good relationships and transparent communication with the Donor
- Good relationships and collaboration with project stakeholders
- Effective collaboration with external consultants
d. Technical Qualifications and personal skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences (e.g social work, sociology, education, rural development, psychology, etc). Having a Master ‘s Degree will be an added value
- At least 5 successive years managing projects funded by international donors
- At least 3-years proven experience in leadership and young people management
- Prior experience managing girls-focused interventions will be an added value
- Ability to build networks, work independently, self-organized, innovative, fulfill commitments, and meet deadline.
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda. Excellent written and verbal communication in English is a requirement.
- A team Leader, result-oriented and flexible to deliver with tight deadlines
- Ability to develop guidelines and tools, and oversee their implementation
- Good understanding of child protection and safeguarding policies
- Strong skills in project cycle management (planning, monitoring, and reporting) and M&E
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
e. Application Procedures
The interested candidates should submit their cover letter and resume with their salary proposal not later than 20 July 2020 at 5:00 pm at AGR National Centre located in Kanserege Cell, Gikondo Sector, Kicukiro District KK 39, No 34.
Female candidates, ideally Girl Guides, who meet the above criteria are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further steps.