The Institute of Real Property Valuers in Rwanda (IRPV) was established by Law 1\1° 17/2010 of 12/05/2010 establishing and organizing the real property valuation profession in Rwanda as published in Official Gazette n° 20 of 17/05/2010. The responsibilities of the Institute were set by the law as follows:1 ° to analyse and find solutions to all problems related to the real property valuation profession;2 ° to analyse and find solutions to all problems related to the conduct of real property valuers; 3 ° to exchange information relating to the real property valuation profession; 4 ° to promote the real property valuation profession in Rwanda and 5 ° to prepare regulations and guidelines governing the real property valuation profession. For the purpose of fulfilling its responsibilities, the Institute would like to hire a competent individual at the position of Executive Secretary.
Position: Executive Secretary
Nature of contract: Full Time
Effectiveness of the contract: immediately after notice of Successful results. Nature of Assignment:
The Executive Secretary shall be specifically responsible to:
- Execute the decisions of the Board of Directors;
- Prepare and Implement the action plan of the Institute;
- Facilitate the collaboration between members, organs and partners;
- Facilitate the communication and circulation of the information between individuals, members, organs and partners to ensure building of mutually beneficial relationships;
- Participate at the preparation of the sessions of the Board of Directors and the General Assembly;
- Define on expenses in the limits of the budget, the manual of procedures and the decisions of the Board;
- Recruit the personnel and assume its management in accordance with the organic charter and the manual of procedures;
- Support the management of various project initiatives and activities on behalf of the institute
- Facilitate the development and operationalization of the organisation’s strategic plan.
- Initiate collaboration and partnerships between IRPV and other institutions or stakeholders geared towards improving operational capacities of the organization;
- Initiate, propose and elaborate key strategic documents deemed necessary for the operation of the organization;
- Coordinate and manage all financial transactions of the institute;
- Accomplish any other task attributed by the Board.
- Rwandese by Nationality
- Hold a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, economics, accountancy or any other related field with at least Five (5) years managerial experience, or a post graduate degree or Post graduate Diploma with at least three (3) years relevant experience;
- A strong, analytical, planning, training and facilitation skills;
- Innovative, self-driven and team player;
- Fluent in both English and French Languages;
- Not convicted by the court of law for more than six month;
- Computer literacy;
- Being pro-active, creative, time sensitive and team worker;
Required ability and professional competence
- He/ She must demonstrate high levels of creativity and innovation.
- He/she should have strong managerial and coordination skills to support with management of the institution and complex projects with many stakeholders
- He/ She should be dynamic and able to work under stressful conditions with no objection to working overtime
- He/ She should be self-motivated
- He/ She should be fluent in both English and French including writing.
- He/she should possess strong communication, public relations and facilitation skills
Well typed application composed of letter of application addressed to the Chairperson-Board of Directors/IRPV, updated CV, National ID and academic documents in attachment will be submitted to IRPV Head Office latest 17:00 on November 20th, 2019. Kigali City, CHIC Building 2″ Floor, Office N° F049.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. The successful candidate is expected to start immediately.