VVOB-education for development in Rwanda is recruiting Finance and Administration Officer
VVOB, The Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance (VVOB) is a Belgian non-profit organization that focuses on improving the quality of education.
In cooperation with Rwanda Education Board (REB) and the University of Rwanda – College of Education (URCE), VVOB started in 2017 with the implementation of a multi-year programme on Leading, Teaching and Learning Together (2017-2021). The programme aims to improve the quality of primary and secondary education through the improvement of the professional development of school leaders and the induction of new teachers.
In this context, VVOB is currently looking for a finance and administration official who will provide quality financial, administrative and logistical support to the VVOB Programme and Team. The finance and administrative officer work in close coordination with an accountant, two Finance officers and (S)he reports directly to the Operations and Finance Manager (OFM).
The finance and Administrative officer acts as a quality caretaker and a role model. S/he is proactive takes actions and initiatives whenever necessary to ensure the provision of quality financial, administrative and logistical support to the VVOB Programme and Team.
- Provision of financial and administrative support to the VVOB programme and team members. Tasks include:
- Filling payments data forms;
- Ensuring cash bookkeeping (in excel) and executing cash payments;
- Financially accounting for documentation, preparing and filling documentation for accounting purposes;
- Reporting and accounting for petty cash funds and VAT refund claim (in excel);
- Supporting in the development of financial and administrative capacity of partners.
- Provision of administrative and logistical support to the VVOB programme and team members. Tasks include:
- Preparing budget and managing office supplies, stock management of office refreshments and workshop materials and communicating progress to relevant staff members,
- Complying with guidelines and correct implementation of procurement
- Supports in the development of the logistical capacity of partners.
The Finance and Administrative Officer performs any other duty assigned by supervisors in line with the position holder’s capacities
Knowledge and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in office administration, management or equivalent through experience;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in a similar position;
- Basic knowledge of accounting and procurement;
- Experience in the development sector or nonprofit sector is an asset;
- Experience with working in a multicultural team is an asset;
- Organizing, planning, and prioritizing work;
- Computer literacy;
- Able to work under pressure and keep a good sense of humour.
- Good written and oral command of English and Kinyarwanda, French knowledge will be and additional asset.
- VVOB core competences:
- Result orientation
- Continuous improvement
- Function specific competences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Development oriented
- A dynamic working environment in an international context;
- An exciting job with varied responsibilities;
- Professional development opportunities;
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
How to apply
Electronic applications will be only considered. Submit a motivation letter and your C.Vaddressed to the Program Manager at Recruitment.email@example.com not later than Friday 19th of July 2019 at 5PM.