JOB DESCRIPTION FOR FINANCE OFFICER AT WATERAID RWANDA
|Place of work:||WaterAid Rwanda – Head Office, Kigali.|
|Contract type:||Open-ended contract.|
|Reports to:||Finance Manager|
WaterAid’s Vision is of a world where everyone has access to safe water and sanitation. Our mission is to transform lives by improving access to safe water, hygiene and sanitation in the world’s poorest communities, WaterAid works with partners to maximize its impacts for policy change/influence.
WaterAid works through supporting local organizations and government authorities to design low-cost sustainable projects using appropriate and affordable technologies that can be managed by the community itself. WaterAid also seeks to influence the policy change through government and other key international organizations to secure and protect the right of poor people to safe, affordable water and sanitation services.
The Finance Officer will support the provision of efficient financial management services in WaterAid Rwanda by providing transaction processing services, preparing of reports and helping non-finance team members to comply with policies and procedures. S/he will be required to provide support to WA East Africa regional team, implementing partners through passing on or escalating issues appropriately, to contribute to financial competence, the accuracy of submissions and to facilitate compliance.
- Initiate payment processes by preparing payment vouchers with complete supporting documentation and analysis for review and approval by the budget holder and Finance Manager.
- Post approved payment vouchers to the Global Account System, generate the payment run to reviewed and signed off by the Finance Manager and input payment onto the internet banking system for approval
- Prepare correcting journals for the approval and to post them into the Global Accounting System.
Maintaining a complete filing system for the finance team to ensure all financial records are adequately filed and can easily be accessible for review, reporting as well as audit purposes.
- Ensuring all bank statements are received, bank reconciliations generated, approved by the Finance Manager and ensure their accuracy and timely submission with the month-end pack.
- Supervise the management and use of petty cash, ensure timely replenishment, processing payments according to the organizations’ policy and procedures, posting these payments on the finance system as well as submitting to a cash count whenever required.
- Process staff advance requests and ensuring advances made are retired promptly and in line with policy and procedures as well as posting advance retirements into the Global Accounting System on regular basis.
- Prepare monthly payroll to be reviewed by the Finance Manager and approved by the Country Director, ensure all salaries and statutory deductions are accurate and posted to the finance system before payment being made.
- Ensure that staff salaries are paid on time, statutory deductions are made and paid within the required time and deadline are adhered to minimize the risk of sanction for late payment.
- Ensure the implementation of pay reviews and pay awards are done in a timely manner and staff are notified of the changes ahead of time.
- Review partner financial reports for approval by the budget holders and Finance Manager, post the approved financial reports into Sun system and prepare a reconciliation of partner account balances on monthly basis, highlighting any discrepancies for the attention of the budget holder and Finance Manager.
- Maintain and update the fixed asset register for the country office and assist in internal and external audit when required.
- Support budget holders to complete their annual budgets and helping to produce budget reports to be reviewed by the Finance Manager and budget holders and be the contact person for internal and external finance inquiries (e.g. from budget holders, suppliers, banks, etc).
- Lead or support in improving financial management processes and systems to contribute to maintaining and enhancing their efficiency and effectiveness and undertake any other finance and related activities as may be required by the Finance Manager.
|Technical Knowledge and Skills.|
Submission process and deadline
The deadline for submission of applications is Friday 18th July 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted via email or phone.
Done at Kigali, 3rd July 2019