1.Directs and Controls the monthly closing, reporting, budgeting and forecasting activities of the Hotel, ensuring the production of complete, accurate and timely information, not being limited to solely financial information.
2. Completes the review of monthly operating results, assisting and distributing the consolidated Hotel result to Hotel Management/ Owners and assisting in their interpretation and in developing appropriate on-going actions and business responses. Performs monthly review and follow up of Capex spending and other financial KPI’s.
3. To be sufficiently knowledgeable to be able ensure the integrity of the local financial information and that this is aligned with local legislation and reporting standards (IFRS and GAAP) where appropriate. This includes the responsibility for the management and reporting of all legal, audit and corporate tax and indirect tax issues for the Hotel.
4.Communicates, implements and maintains RHG’s policies and procedures, RHG’s reporting and RHG’s endorsed systems (choice and set up) which guarantees the integrity and accurate presentation of financial results and operational KPI’s. This will include ensuring that finance related processes are appropriately documented and aligned to DPLACE. This will include ensuring all contractual IMA Obligations are being adhered to both towards Operator and Owners, identifying deviations and escalating such issues to the ASO.
5.Coordinates and supports the activities of the General Manager and Department Heads, through effective regular communication and meetings as required. Co-ordinates and supports –where applicable- the activities of the (Accounting) Shared Service Centres and/ or External (Accounting) Service providers through effective and regular communication and meetings as required. 1
6. Ensures risk management in the Hotel through Internal Audit & insurance compliance. Ensures that operations are in accordance with management contracts, deviations and changes adequately reported on. This may include the monitoring of a (RHG’s) equity participation in hotel operating companies and loans to counterparts of IMA’s and communication thereon.
7. Ensures that there is process in place to adequately review the integrity of the financial records and processes at a hotel level. This includes a monthly review and reconciliation of the Hotel’s books and records and where appropriate have communications and meetings with Outsourced partners.
8.Performs other duties and responsibilities as required or requested.
9. Where required by legislation the FC may be required to hold the position of an officer of the legal entity / related company.
Ownership of all Financial Matters of the Hotel. Ability to liaise, consult and conclude matters, with other support functions within Finance and ASO team members. Maintain a thoroughly professional approach at all times acting with total integrity and interest in mind of Operator and Owner. Quality oriented (accurate, timely) analytical problem solver and anticipating potential implications and issues Organized and systematic; paying attention to details Controlling skills and knowledge of controlling and reporting tools and systems Autonomous and able to work under pressure Team player, respectful of organization and rules Has an ability to actively build relationships across a whole range of key external and internal people Ability to liaise with the ADFC on Owner queries/disputes utilizing his/her communication and negotiating skills Creativity; bringing new ideas and improvements showing ownership of the business Project management skills, Maintain continuous education (updating) in connection with taxes, social security regulation, legal requirements etc.
Salary : Competitive salary
Schedule : Full Time
Experience : Minimum 3 years of experience
Location :6 KN 41 St, Kigali, Rwanda
Expiry date : Mon, 02 Dec 2019
- Materials Control
- Sage 300
- Advanced Excell Skills
By applying you confirm you have these skills.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB >>