Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Financial Services Lead, Rwanda
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Financial Services Lead for an upcoming The Feed the Future Facilitate Investment Required for the Sustainable Export (FTF FIRST) funded by USAID in Rwanda. The new FTF FIRST Activity will support the acceleration of Rwanda’s progress toward self-reliance through increased agricultural productivity, sales, and exports, facilitate inclusive and sustainable private sector-driven growth, and promote increased employment and entrepreneurship opportunities in Rwanda.
The Financial Services Lead will be responsible for the design and implementation of innovative interventions to promote and enhance inclusive financial services. S/He will work closely with project staff, government, civil society, private sector counterparts, and beneficiaries to successfully implement activities and achieve desired results. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
- Form strategic partnerships with innovative financial service providers including, banks, microfinance institutions, and private sector investors, to expand the outreach of finance and investment opportunities to SMEs and anchor firms.
- Lead and design innovative financial solutions to increase private sector investment, including but not limited to financial products, public-private partnerships, risk-sharing instruments, and blended finance and/or other investment vehicles.
- Develop relationships with potential co-investors and industry partners; grow relationships into co-financing opportunities or additional capital to firms.
- Work closely with the private sector engagement lead to link firms to appropriate financial services to increase private investment in the agriculture products export sector.
- Support the increase of operational efficiency of financial institutions to offer tailored financial products to targeted SMEs and firms.
- In collaboration with the private sector engagement lead, advise SMEs and firms on available and appropriate financial products and services.
- Support and monitor pre-investment and post-investment technical assistance and monitor impact; identity, design, and recommend technical assistance to investees.
- Lead or support technical design and strategy to build financial institution’s ability to increase financial inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field, such as Finance, Economics, or Business Administration; MBA degree preferred.
- Minimum of 6 years of relevant and progressive work experience in developing countries, preferably in the area of access to finance, and trade and investment.
- Min. three (3) years of management experience, including direct supervision of professional and support staff and assembling teams working on multi-faceted international development programs.
- Highly entrepreneurial, collaborative, strong leader.
- Ability to develop innovative and creative financing solutions to catalyze private capital.
- Experience providing advisory, mentoring, and capacity building services to financial institutions or financial intermediaries. Experience working directly with financial institutions or private sector investors in Rwanda is a plus.
- Expertise in working with financial institutions and creating and/or improving financial services and products for SMEs and disadvantaged segments of society.
- Proven awareness and consideration of youth, and marginalized populations, including women and girls, in financial planning and programming.
- Committed to increasing financing to un(der)served populations
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
Rwandan nationals are strongly encouraged to apply
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.