Identify challenges and projects, and catalyzing innovations that can transform the Sport & Tourism sector in the near future.
With continuous growth in the last decade, tourism generates approximately 1 out of 10 jobs and accounts for 10.2% of world GDP. Tourism and sports are two forces that lead to a conjunction that allows contact between different countries and different social groups.
The undoubted influence of sports in the decision to visit a destination and the growing demand for tourism have made this area one of the segments with the greatest development opportunities attracting growing interest on the part of governments. Sports & Tourism maintains as one of the most dynamic and creative segments of tourism allowing different nations to outstand globally.
Sports & Tourism stimulates entrepreneurship and the generation of new companies and organizations that necessarily affect other industries transversally and fosters values such as:
- Sustainability based on maintaining a balance between economic growth, sports and innovation.
- Cooperation, solidarity and unity amongst all actors that belong to sports and tourism sector.
- Authenticity by highlighting local sports and cultural values.
Sports & Tourism is in itself, a stimulus to creativity, innovation and sustainable growth where startups with disruptive and open visions can propose new future scenarios that have a positive and transversal impact on various sectors so that they can collaborate and contribute to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals.
The projects must be aligned with the Sustainable Development Goals established by the United Nations and the introduction or adaptation of digital and technological elements, and focused on one (or several) of the following areas:
- Destination management or private management of solutions/products/services developed around Sports as Inclusive Tourism products.
- Supply-side configuration seeking balance between sustainable development and the profitability of the project, maximizing the positive impacts on the community and environment.
- Connection with the market and the user experience in all phases of the trip.
- New ways to use technology resources in sports and its involvement in developing Smart Cities.
Who can apply?
About Barça Innovation Hub
It is a worldwide center for sports knowledge and innovation that counts with the participation of professionals and world leaders who work to create and share new technologies, processes and experiences that may add value not just to sports but to different sectors promoting an ecosystem around the world of sports endorsed by sports organizations, investigation centers, universities, entrepreneurs and start-ups.
For more information,please visit https://unwto-barcainnovationhub-challenge.org/en/