Applications are open for the Thomson Reuters/Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Generation Africa Program 2020. They are looking for 12 young Africans ready to become champions for global development issues to take part in a unique, six-day, fully-funded programme by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation aimed at developing storytellers who could inspire change on a global platform. Know that person?
The course has been developed by communications and media experts at the Thomson Reuters Foundation and will aim to enhance the profile of 12 African story-tellers. The training comprises communication techniques, public speaking and presentation skills, effective use of social media, handling the media, and more. They will then be prepared to share their stories in a global arena.
Generation Africa aims to help young Africans, whose personal experiences have shaped their determination to help others facing challenges across the continent, to tell their stories globally. If you know someone with a remarkable story, they would love to help them share it.
- Open to individuals with a personal story to share that highlights the need to take action around global health, family planning, nutrition, agriculture, financial inclusion and gender equality;
- Nominee must have a compelling personal story;
- Nominee’s story relates to either health, development or poverty reduction;
- Nominee’s story illustrates a challenge faced by others living in Africa;
- Nominee’s English is fluent enough to benefit from a six-day course in the English language;
- Nominee is willing to have details of your personal story shared with the public.
For more information,Please visit Generation Africa.