Global KU study abroad Scholarship 2019In celebration of its centennial in 2005, KU established Global KU Study Abroad Scholarship. This scholarship aims to support future global leaders around the world to study at Korea University (KU). Only students in Student Exchange Program(SEP) and Visiting Student Program(VSP) are eligible for Global KU study abroad Scholarship.


  • Semester 1 (Spring): January 30
  • Semester 2 (Fall): July 30


To be eligible, SEP and VSP applicants must:

  • Be enrolled in an acknowledged institution outside of Korea, in a country that is recognized by the Korean government, as of December 1, 2004.
  • Have completed, or about to complete at least one year of study at their home universities at the time of applying.
  • Have an overall weighted average of at least 75% at their home institutions.
  • Have obtained a successful admission for SEP or VSP at Korea University.
  • Be fluent in either English or Korean.

Types of scholarships

  • Admission Scholarship: Max. KRW 400,000 per month for the first semester (4 months).
  • KU Travel Scholarship: Designed to help students meet basic travel costs, a one-off payment of up to a maximum of KRW1,500,000 according to distance and currency rate.
  • Merit Scholarship: Awarded on the basis of academic merit of the first semester at Korea University, KRW300,000 per month for a second semester (4 months). Only applicable to exchange/visiting students who participate in one-year program.


  • Admission and KU Travel Scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic merit at the applicants’ home institutions.
  • Faculty/ Institution/ National quotas may apply.
  • Students who extend the duration of their study at Korea University from one semester to two semesters are eligible to apply for ‘Merit Scholarship’ at the time of approval on extension.
  • Funding for the scholarships is subject to availability.

Required Documents

  • Global KU scholarship application form
  • One passport-sized photograph
  • Academic reference

Important Notice

  • All documents must be written and provided in English. Please attach translations in English if the document are in any other language.
  • Documents submitted with the application will not be returned to the applicant.
  • Academic reference MUST be sent directly to Office of International Affairs from instructors.


For more information,please visit