Applications are now open for the 2019 Global Social Thinkers Contest . British Council and Ashoka Africa would like to invite you to share your story about how you have or are making a difference in society through social innovation/ change-making. Stories that exhibit the most impact and inspiration will be selected and awarded a 2-day free pass to the Impact! Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit. The summit will be taking place in Nairobi, Kenya on the 4th and 5th of December 2019.
Hosted by the British Council and Ashoka Africa – Impact!Africa Social Entrepreneurship Summit is a partnership to accelerate social innovations to Africa’s most pressing challenges by Inspiring + Connecting social entrepreneurs, changemakers, investors, and other ecosystem stakeholders across Africa.
Deadline: October 1, 2019
Winners of this competition will get:
- A 2-day pass to the Impact!Africa Summit
- Return economy flight ticket for the 2-day summit
- Accommodation and food during the length of the summit (stay) while in Kenya. Inclusive of ground transportation to their accommodation upon arrival in Kenya
- Entries are welcome from participants aged 18 to 35 from across the world
- Be someone who has or is making a difference in Africa through change
- Innovation should have been or are being implemented in Africa within the last two years
Submit your story in 250 words or less
Share a short video that showcases your journey transforming Africa
Only 20 applicants will be shortlisted. The shortlisted stories will then be posted online for members of the public to vote for best 10 stories. Winners will be announced on October 15,
For more information, visit Impact!Africa Summit 2019.