Nominations for the Global Water Awards are now open. Nominations are open to everyone. Anyone (as an individual or on behalf of a company) can nominate a company, project, plant, technology, deal or initiative to be recognised by the Global Water Awards. Individuals can submit nominations for themselves or others. Individuals can nominate in as many categories as they want, and nominate multiple times in each category. All nominee applications are made on a confidential basis.
Criteria for Nominations
Criteria for nominations (For all categories except The Water Leaders Award and Technology Idol 2020):
- The company, project, or initiative must be able to demonstrate a significant contribution to the water industry. Specific factors to highlight are: improved operations and energy efficiency, technological innovation and the implementation of sustainable financial models.
- The outcomes of the project or initiative must have been reported in 2019.
- In the event that the company, project, or initiative is shortlisted after the nominations process, the company’s CEO should be available to attend the Global Water Awards Gala Dinner on 30 March, 2020 where the winner will be announced.
Guidelines for sending nominations:
- Nominated Company/Project/Deal:
- Contact name:
- Contact telephone number (please include country dialing code):
- Contact email address:
- Please summarize, in no more than 200 words, what is unique or special about this entry, and why you believe it should be considered for a Global Water Award. Supplementary material (photos, pdfs, maps etc.) can be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominations close on Thursday 31 January, 2019.
Water Leaders Award
Description: The Water Leaders’ Award goes to the publicly owned utility from a developing country that is able to demonstrate an outstanding step-change in performance improvement in 2019.
- The utility must by publicly owned;
- The utility must be from a developing country as defined by the United Nations;
- The utility must be able to demonstrate a step-change in performance improvement in the 2019 period
- In the event that the utility is shortlisted after the nominations process, the utility’s CEO should be available to attend the Global Water Awards Gala Dinner on 30 March, 2020 where the winner will be announced.
Water Technology Idol 2020
- The technology must be early stage and be able to demonstrate realistic expectations for commercialization.
- In the event that the project is shortlisted after the nominations process, a senior representative from the company must be available to attend the Global Water Summit and make a 10 minute presentation at the designated session on the afternoon of 30 March 2020. Nominee presentations will be followed by Q & A from the judges and attending delegate audience. The winner will then be determined by a live audience vote at the end of the session.
- Nominations can only be submitted via the awards nomination forms (visit the ‘Nominations Hub‘). Do not submit nominations via email , they will not be acknowledged.*
- Nominations must be submitted in English. We cannot consider non-english language nominations.
- A 200 word summary description must be submitted with each nomination (see summary field on nomination form) this must include specific and quantifiable information that will allow us to evaluate your nomination against others. Please summarise what is unique or special about this entry, and why you believe it should be considered for a Global Water Award. Nominations that do not include a summary or do not fulfil the terms above will not be considered.
- When submitting supplementary material (photos, pdfs, maps etc.) via email, please include the name of the category you are nominating in, in the email subject line.
- Do not nominate the same plant/project/company multiple times in the same category, this will not increase your chances of being included on the short list. This is a nominations process, not a voting process. Please co-ordinate with your co-workers to submit one nomination per plant/project/company per category. Nominating two different projects/plants in the same category, or nominating different projects/plants in different categories is welcome.
Nominations open on 21 November 2019 and close on 31 January 2020. The 2020 awards shortlist will be announced in the February 2020 edition of GWI magazine and voting will open on 24 February 2020.
21 November 2019 – Nominations open
31 January 2020 – Nominations close
20 February 2020 – The voting shortlist is released online and in GWI Magazine
24 February 2020 – Voting will open
17 March 2020 – Voting will close
30 March 2020 – Winners announced
The Global Water Awards shortlisting process is the procedure by which the pool of nominations submitted in the open nomination phase are examined by a panel of independent experts, who shortlist the entries and compile them into award categories. Shortlisting begins after nominations have closed. The shortlist is announced in the February 2020 issue of Global Water Intelligence Magazine and online. The panel of experts is not commercially linked to, or associated with any of the companies or projects nominated, or to the award hosts or sponsors.
For more information, please visit https://globalwaterawards.com/the-process/