“The Educational Grant Programme for the Citizens of the Member Countries of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation” and “The Educational Grant Programme for the Citizens of the Member Countries of the Non-Aligned Movement” were approved by the orders of the President of the Republic of Azerbaijan on December 6, 2017 and on January 10, 2018, respectively.
The Educational Grant (hereafter “scholarship”) Programmes provide an opportunity for selected 40 candidates on annual basis to study in the leading universities of Azerbaijan at the preparatory courses, undergraduate, graduate, doctoral, general medicine/residency programmes.
Monthly stipend for meals, accommodation and utilities costs (800 AZN)
Visa and registration costs
Submission of application
The application period for the Scholarship Programme 2019 is now open.
• Completed Application form
• Diplomas or Transcripts from prior High School or University studies
• Copy of Passport
• Document on general health status (including HIV/AIDS test)
• CV or Resume
• Motivation Letter
• Proof of English Proficiency (for programmes in foreign languages: for undergraduate programmes IELTS 5, TOEFL 40, for other programmes IELTS 5.5, TOEFL 50)
Note: The files can be downloaded from www.aida.az/scholarship
How to apply
The candidates must:
• be officially nominated by respective state entities of their country (Ministries, Embassies, etc.) to the Embassies or to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Azerbaijan
The application deadline is February 15, 2019
Selection procedures and results
The selection process will cover two stages:
• Review of the relevant documents
• Interviews (online/Skype)
• The candidates will be informed about the results by early July, 2019
Note: only shortlisted candidates will be contacted