Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Head of Office responsible for its operations and programme in Rwanda, to be based in Kigali, Rwanda.
Deadline for application is 15 June 2019.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that has been working since 1993 to support women’s rights organisations in conflict-affected areas. Today, we are about 110 employees divided into 14 international offices and head office in Stockholm, Sweden. We support about 100 organisations in the Western Balkans, in Africa, South Caucasus, Middle East and Ukraine.
About the role
As Head of Office you are responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, security and financial responsibility, including management of the overall country budget. As Head of Office you are responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating the staff in the office in Kigali in line with Kvinna till Kvinna’s leadership policy.
Additionally, you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, including authorities and donors and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The Head of Office belongs organizationally to the Programme Department and reports to the Regional Manager Africa.
- Minimum eight years of relevant work experience of which at least two in a managerial position with responsibility for at least 3-6 staff and a medium-size budget;
- Experience in programme and project management, including strong monitoring and evaluation skills and knowledge in results-based management and quality assurance;
- Academic degree in a relevant field such as political science, gender studies,
- international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, human rights;
- Solid experience of international development cooperation, preferably from Rwanda;
- Experience of budgeting and budget follow-up; including performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Experience of handling corruption cases in complex contexts;
- Demonstrated knowledge in, and experience from working with, one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience from working in partnership with local civil
- society actors preferably including capacity building aspects and sub-granting;
- Experience of methods development;
- Experience as responsible for the safety and security of an organisation and its staff;
- Solid computer skills;
- Professional English, orally and in written
- A valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication- and conflict sensitivity skills;
- Collaborative, team-oriented, leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Strategic, goal-orientated with the ability to prioritise and delegate;
- Responsible, flexible and diplomatic
- Ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance;
- Master degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Knowledge of Human Rights’ based approach
- Knowledge of methods and approaches of Swedish development cooperation and Sida funding.
- Experience from working with EU-funding;
- Familiarity with the Rwandan gender/women’s rights environment;
- Ability to communicate orally in French or Kinyarwanda;
- Fluency in Swedish
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
The position as Head of Office is a two years fixed-term contract (international development cooperation work), full-time with the possibility for an extension (up to five years ), subject to the availability of fund.
Start of employment no later than Dec 1st, 2019. The Head of Office is stationed in Kigali, Rwanda and is expected to conduct 2 – 3 trips per year to Europe and other parts of Africa.
Kvinna till Kvinna has Collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea med Unionen och Akademikerförbunden). Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women, legal and/or self-identified, applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
For application please press the “apply button”. Deadline for applying is June 15th
For more information,please visit https://jobs.kvinnatillkvinna.se/jobs/232951-head-of-office-rwanda