Research Triangle Institute (RTI) has over 30 years’ experience assisting governments, communities, and the private sector. RTI’s Sustainable Growth & Resilience (SG&R) technical unit within the International Development Group (IDG) brings together RTI experts and capabilities across food security, agriculture, energy, environment, water, governance, and economic opportunity. SG&R will leverage RTI’s experience designing and delivering multisectoral programming and technical solutions to respond to climate change, build resilience, and promote economic growth around the world. Within SG&R, the Global Food Security and Agriculture team is working to strengthen agricultural markets, engage youth and women as critical leaders of the on- and off-farm workforce, and tackle the dual burden of malnutrition around the globe.
The purpose of the recently-awarded Feed the Future Rwanda Hanga Akazi (HA) Activity is to address the problem of insufficient employment opportunities and limited entrepreneurial success for Rwandans. Hanga Akazi will facilitate capacity development for Rwandans – particularly women, youth, and persons with disabilities – in key technical and soft skills required to participate in a modern workforce and will catalyze new entry and growth of inclusive enterprises. The program will be based in Rwanda.
RTI is hiring an HR and Administration Officer on the Feed the Future Rwanda Hanga Akazi Activity. The HR and Administration Officer will be responsible for the administration, coordination and facilitation of HR programs, processes, and operational support services for the activity. They will support day-to-day operations, including logistical arrangements for meetings and workshops, preparing monthly activity plans, and maintaining project files. This position will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, and will report to the Finance and Administration Manager.
Responsibilities of the HR and Administration Officer include, but are not limited to:
- Provide HR operations support to the project including compensation and benefits management, HR information management, performance management, conflict resolution, HR communications, and personnel file compliance.
- Support employment and recruitment-related activities for national and regional staff.
- Provide support in developing job descriptions, keeping them updated with evolving requirements, and posting job requisitions.
- Conduct in-country recruitment for both long-term and short-term positions by drawing on RTI’s database of technical experts and by leveraging recruitment networks.
- Handle arrangements for meetings and workshops i.e., preparation of training materials, request for workshop supplies, arrangement of travel and lodging accommodation of participants and staff, request for cash advance, as applicable and necessary.
- Assist the project and staff in organizing official business appointments.
- Establish and maintain an efficient filing system of project documents specific to the project according to the established filing system.
- Maintain a database of all incoming and outgoing communications; handle shipping/ mailing/ delivery of outgoing communications.
- Receive telephone calls and perform reception duties in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ensure that the office remains clean, safe, secure and well-maintained including prompt repairs of equipment, furniture and items in the premises.
- Work closely with users and procurement to manage office supplies & stationery and monitor re-order levels
- Maintain up-to-date inventory records of office equipment and furniture, ensuring they are all tagged/labeled in accordance with RTI International’s policies & procedures; organize and support the annual physical verification of inventory by checking the accuracy of records and location of property
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree, or Master’s degree, in Business Administration or related field
- At least one (1) year of experience, preferably in supporting or leading HR and/or administrative work for international donors
- Knowledge of local labor law.
- Attention to details and accuracy.
- Strong ability to work independently and across technical and operational teams.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Verbal and written fluency in English, along with strong communications, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
Please follow the link provided here Human Resources & Administration Officer in Kigali | Careers at Rwanda, Kigali (icims.com) or https://globalcareers-rtiinc.icims.com/jobs/9577/human-resources-%26-administration-officer/job or visit https://www.rti.org/careers page for more information about the opportunities. The application deadline is February 12, 2023.
We regret that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
*No applicant will ever be asked for any payment either to secure a role with RTI International or as a follow-up to having been awarded a position with RTI International. If anyone ever approaches you asking for any such payment, please immediately email email@example.com
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V