MobiCash is currently seeking a talented and professional Human Resource (HR) Specialist to join our team and manage all human resource procedures. The successful candidate will be passionate about recruiting, supporting, and evolving employees through our company’s guidelines and managing processes.
- Prepare or maintain employment records related to events such as hiring, termination, leaves, transfers, or promotions.
- Interpret and explain human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.Interview job applicants to obtain information on work history, training, education, or job skills.
- Inform job applicants of details such as duties and responsibilities, compensation, benefits, schedules, working conditions, or promotion opportunities.
- Address employee relations issues, such as harassment allegations, work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Confer with management to develop or implement personnel policies or procedures.
- Select qualified job applicants or refer them to managers, making hiring recommendations when appropriate.
- Perform searches for qualified job candidates, using sources such as computer databases, networking, Internet recruiting resources, media advertisements, job fairs, recruiting firms, or employee referrals.
- Advise management on organizing, preparing, or implementing recruiting or retention programs.
- Perform quarterly and annual employee performance reviews.
- Identify the company’s hiring needs and manage the recruitment process to ensure it runs smoothly.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification in business administration, human resources or a relevant field.
- A minimum of 3 years’ proven experience in a similar role.
- Strong knowledge of labor legislation.
- Good understanding of the full recruitment process.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid problem-solving and team management abilities.
- Verbal and writing fluency in English, French, Kinyarwanda
- Strong software competency skills using Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel and other programs.
HR Specialist Roles
HR specialists may also be called upon to focus their efforts on any of the following areas:
Workforce Planning and Employment
- Implementing the organization’s recruiting strategy
- Interviewing applicants
- Administering pre-employment tests
- Assisting with completing background investigations
- Processing transfers, promotions, and terminations
- Conducting training sessions
- Administering on-the-job training programs
- Evaluating the effectiveness of training programs
- Maintaining records of employee participation in all training and development programs
- Analyzing job duties
- Writing job descriptions
- Performing job evaluations and job analyses
- Conducting and analyzing compensation surveys
Employee and Labor Relations
- Resolving grievances
- Advising supervisors on union contract interpretation
- Assisting with processing employee grievances
- Overseeing engagement programs and other employee relations work
- Developing and administering health and safety programs
- Conducting safety inspections
- Maintaining accident records
- Preparing government reports as to remain in compliance
Resumes in Microsoft Word or PDF format should be sent by email to email@example.com with a covering letter . Ensure that the subject line reads HR Specialist Submission.