The position is responsible for the delivery of high quality Human Resource management and services in all areas of HR functional excellence to all businesses and support functions in Vivo Energy Rwanda.The incumbent should be a consummate HR professional with the ability to articulate a clear Human Resources proposition and lead initiatives in the people space in partnership with the business. The incumbent will need to be a person of principle and integrity.In addition the position would serve as Legal Manager for Vivo Energy Rwanda and would serve as the resident Legal Manager of the organization. The main responsibility of the Legal Manager is to manage the legal risks affecting the organization and ensure that they are managed and resolved as required by the law or the needs of the business. The Legal Manager serves as legal advisor and a resource on legal matters; issues of institutional procedure; negotiating and drafting agreements; managing litigation; and as an authority on corporate governance.The Legal Manager is required to manage the legal function of Vivo Energy Rwanda on a day-to-day basis.
- A qualified advocate with Diploma in Law
- Work experience in corporate law practice is an advantage
- The incumbent would preferably have a Human Resources qualification
- HR and Legal professional background – 8 years minimum with 4 years at a senior level. Experience as a Human Resources Manager, and a Company Legal Advisor/Company secretary would be highly desirable.
- Strong legal background. The incumbent must be familiar with the laws, regulations and market practice of Rwanda.
- Knowledge and understanding of local labour markets and employment law regimes within the Country.
- Prior experience in key areas of HR policies and processes, recruitment, potential assessment, remuneration and benefits, performance management. Good understanding of HRMIS.
- Good presentational, influencing and interpersonal skills.
- Preferably the incumbent would have had involvement in or exposure to senior management.