Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme
Acts of Gratitude (AOG) is a Rwanda-based non-profit organization founded by 13 grateful people in 2011. These people have been supported by family, friends, charity organizations, governmental institutions, etc. and feel owing to the community a debt of giving back.
In 2018, AOG decided to focus its work even more through supporting social entrepreneurs and their enterprises. Today, it is giving back to the community through two programs: Social Enterprise Academy Rwanda and Ingenzi Social Enterprise Programme.
Following to this mission, Acts of Gratitude (AOG), has partnered with Unloc, a UK social enterprise specializing in training, supporting and coaching entrepreneurs to implement a social entrepreneurial learning program Project called “INGEZI SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PROGRAM”
The INGENZI SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PROGRAM supports young Rwandans to convert their passions, talents and project ideas into social enterprises and projects. This programme is an action-learning and engaging, in way it helps the participants to understand what is a social enterprise, how to discover a social problem, and step-by-step journey of building a business or project that will solve the problem in the community.
Who can apply?
- Unemployed or underemployed graduates of high school and university-aged 16-30,
- Having a project or business idea and a strong commitment to start your own social enterprise
- Being able to attend training workshops for 5 hours in a week, 9:00 Am to 3:00 Pm on Fridays over 12 weeks
- Having a basic level of communication in English
What will you benefit from the Program?
- At the end of the program, participants will have the entrepreneurial capacity to start or scale up his/her business/project and will be helped to develop 5 planning and communication tools: a Business Plan, a Business Model Convas, a Theory of Impact, a PowerPoint Presentation and a Pitch Video for their project
- With this program, successful applicants will get world-class training on social entrepreneurship, coaching and mentorship to turn their ideas into social enterprises that will generate profits and social impact to the community.
- Meeting and chatting with successful entrepreneurs and selected guest-speakers, best learning materials, refreshment tea/coffee and Lunch, and conducive learning environment
- Business mentorship from senior business experts and successful social entrepreneurs
- Networking with like-minded social entrepreneurs and the possibility of access to seed capital investment
The training workshops will be free of charge; and take place at AOG offices in Kimironko, Gasabo (below the marketplace) at KG 147 ST, plot 7 Kigali, Rwanda. The program will last for 3 months of training sessions and developing business tools and participants will be required to attend at least 5 hours a week.
Within the 3 months, participants will be supported to convert their project ideas into operating social enterprises and will have access to business mentorship, coaching and consulting for the next 9 months.
How to apply
All interested candidates are recommended to apply by December 11th, 2019. By visiting our website: www.actsofgratitude.org (visit for more details too) and apply via Ingenzi Application or simply click on this link https://form.jotformeu.com/92924210801348
Share This opportunity with your friends