The Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA) in partnership with MINIYOUTH, the National Council of People with Disability (NCPD) with the support of UNDP invite all Innovators in Rwanda to participate in the INNOVATE 4 Disability Inclusion Hackathon. The INNOVATE4 Disability Inclusion Hackathon is a national design competition which consists of developing Assistive Technologies (with digital solutions) that contribute to addressing needs of people with disability, increase their equal participation, safety and autonomy. Developed Solutions will be key for Rwanda to bridge the disability digital divide.
Focus: This competition is in line with the SDGs and NST1 principles to leave no one behind. Innovators are free to address the needs of people with different forms of disability (ex: physical, sensory, psychiatric, neurological, cognitive and intellectual or multiple disabilities etc.).
- Call for application: 4th-18th Sept 2019
- Shortlisting: 19th -20th Sept 2019
- Boot camp: 23rd -27th Sept 2019
- Final Pitching&Award: 30th Sept 2019
- Clear Problem statement
- Proposed solution to the problem
Who can apply?
- An individual
- A group of people /Team
- A startup/ A company/ Organization
Note: Teams of 2 to 4 are encouraged. A person is allowed to be in one team only.
What should you submit?
- An idea you team will work on in the competition
- A prototype of a solution
- A Working Solution/Product
Follow the link to submit your application by 18th September 2018: bit.ly/Innovate4disabilityinclusion
If you have a special need or pertinent question, contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
- This is an Inclusive competition: Persons with disabilities, pregnant and nursing women are welcome
- Participants will be automatically disqualified if they submit plagiarized work/solutions.
- Winners will be greatly rewarded and supported to further develop and implement their solutions.
- Information on People with Disability visit the National Council of People with Disability- www.ncpd.gov.rw
- Interested candidates are welcome to attended a stakeholder’s workshop brainstorming on this subject with a confirmation of attendance via innovate4disabilityinclusion(at)gmail.com. This isn’t mandatory to your application.