National Industrial Research and Development Agency(NIRDA) is a government institution that plays a key role: to enable a generation of industrial innovators to become competitive through technology monitoring, acquisition, development and transfer and applied research.
This mission is accomplished within the Joint STEM Lab for Industrial Product Development. Prior to Joint STEM Lab, the STEM Lab box serves as a test environment, an echo chamber for products further developed in the fully built infrastructure. It is a bridge to get the innovators ideas taken to the next level with the support of committed professionals.
2. About INNOVATE 4 INDUSTRY Hackathon
One of STEM Lab box functions is to support the innovators to bring their ideas into technology business through the incubation program:
- NIRDA is launching a Startup Hackathon to support the development and emergence of innovative solutions that improve the competitiveness of the industry and contribute to the creation of a new industry by leveraging technology along the digital product development.
- The hackathon will bring together up to 25 teams to explore the window of opportunities. Teams will conduct research, develop prototype interventions, iterate their solutions and present it to a diverse jury.
- Teams will compete for the opportunity to win a Grand Prize along with a chance to be selected for incubation program at the end of the event.
- The selected teams will be supported by committed professionals and experts in order to develop prototypes ready for commercialization during their incubation period.
3. Objectives of the INNOVATE 4 INDUSTRY Hackathon
The purpose of this Hackathon is to invent the solutions of future industry, by leveraging technology to solve the current/future challenges of our industries and beyond. These solutions must be useful to private sector, customers, industry leaders or specific focus groups.