The Rwanda Information Society Authority (RISA) in partnership with the Digital Solutions for Sustainable Development (DSSD) invite all Rwandan Innovators (women and men) to participate in the INNOVATE4Women Hackathon. The INNOVATE4Women Hackathon is a national design competition, which consists of developing digital ICT solutions addressing women challenges, improve their living conditions and respond to their needs.
Theme: The competition is in line with this year’s International Women’s Day theme calling to innovate for women, the CSW63 theme on social protection systems, access to public services and sustainable infrastructures. Below are proposed themes but any other solution that can impact women will be accepted.
- Women’s health:ex: Access to Health Services, Reproductive Health, Rights & Maternal Health
- Women Care Work: ex:House holder chore, Child care, ECO and child protection and Nutrition
- Access to Justice: ex: The Cycle of Domestic Abuse, Gender-based Violence & Sexual Harassment
- Women Employment: ex: Employment Opportunities, Work Conditions, entrepreneurship
- Women living with Disability: ex: Access to public Services for Women living with disability
- Education: ex: skills and knowledge,
- Financial inclusion
17th-30th June 2019: Call for application
1st-3rd July 2019: Shortlisting
4th-11th July 2019: Bootcamp
12th July 2019: Final Pitching and Award
- Clear Problem statement
- Proposed solution to the problem
Who can apply?
- An individual
- A startup/ A company
- A group of people /Team
Note: Teams of 2 to 4 are encouraged.
What should you submit?
- An idea you or team will work on in the competition
- A prototype of a solution
- A Working Solution/Product
How to Apply: Follow this link to submit your application by 30th June 2019. If you have a special need or pertinent question contact us: email@example.com
1. This is an Inclusive competition: Persons with disabilities, pregnant and nursing women are welcome
2. Participants will be automatically disqualified if they submit plagiarized work/solutions.
3. Winners will be greatly rewarded and supported to further develop and implement their solutions.
4. Info on ICT4Dev in Rwanda, Women Empowerment visit (MINICT, RISA, MIGEPROF and GMO )