TITLE: Administrative Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain
LOCATION: Kigali Head Office
GRADE: N/A CONTRACT LENGTH: 1 Year
Level 3: the responsibility of this post may require the position holder to have regular contact with children and/or young people.
Admin Assistant Intern
About the Role:
- •Assist in general duties as assigned including office errands, photocopying, scanning, correspondences, filing, and other routine duties.
- •Assist in warehouse/asset management.
- • Assist in the process and monitor the payment of utility bills (water, electricity) including those for Chief of Party
Qualifications and experience
- 1 to 2 years of work experience, preferably in an NGO set up
- High levels of attention to detail and quality
- Computer literacy (including excel skills)
- Ability to liaise with a diverse range of people, stakeholders, and customers
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Commitment to Save the Children’s mission and values
- High levels of confidentially and integrity
- Experience in administration and data collection
- Highly developed relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Highly developed verbal and communication skills
- Initiative, flexibility, and ability to work independently as well as in a team
- High levels of self-motivation and initiative
- Ownership and accountability of own work
Contract type: Fixed (1 Year )
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
ANTI-SEXUAL HARASSMENT Policy
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
To apply follow this link: https://rwanda.savethechildren.net/careers/details?jid=36510
Deadline for receiving applications is November 15th, 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*