Title: School Leadership and Management Intern
TEAM/PROGRAMME: Mureke Dusome/SLM
GRADE: N/A POST TYPE: National
About the Role:
The purpose of this role is to support the School leadership and Management Unit in the following areas:
a) Ensuring that all paperwork related to the SLM activities are complete in due time;
b) Supporting School Leadership and Management Officers in the monitoring of sector education meetings and other community awareness activities;
3) Keep records on numbers of beneficiaries who attend the Mureke Dusome’s School Leadership and management activities
Some of the School Leadership and Management Intern responsibilities:
- Implementation (Support the School Leadership and Management Officers in the monitoring of Peer Learning through sector education meetings and other community awareness activities)
- Monitoring and Evaluation (Keep records of beneficiaries who attend the Peer Learning through sector education meetings for reporting purposes)
- External Networking & Representation(Represent Save the Children in relevant Sector and District meetings)
Qualifications and experience
- University degree in education, social work or social sciences;
- Good understanding of the education system in Rwanda, specifically primary education;
- Ability to develop constructive relationships with a wide range of partners, including children, communities and local authorities;
- Experience of facilitating trainings, workshops, and meetings for community mobilization;
- Ability to communicate effectively in Kinyarwanda and English: verbally and in writing
- Understanding of and commitment to SCI mission, values and child rights-based programming approaches.
- Working experience in the education field
Contract length: One year
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero-tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
To apply kindly follow below link:
Deadline for receiving applications is September 19th, 2019
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
*Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
*Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*