Umuhuza is a Non-Governmental Organization established in 2005 and was registered by the Rwanda Governance Board in 2013. The organization has worked with the aim to foster a culture of peace through education focusing on positive parenting with the goal to promote improved childhood development and to create peaceful citizens. Umuhuza is assigned the legal personality by the recognized no. 104/2014 as published in the official gazette no. 50 bis of 15/12/2014.
Whereas in the initial stages, the organization focused on peace education and family literacy as the main program areas. Overtime, as a result of the lessons learnt, the organization has also expanded her programming to areas such as economic empowerment and protection of the vulnerable with a focus on women and children.
Reporting to: The Finance & Administration Manager
UMUHUZA Organization is seeking to recruit a Rwandan National for the position of Communications intern for 6 months The Intern is responsible for providing administrative and program support to the team and will bring fresh ideas to the table when it comes to engaging our audiences through a variety of channels.
- Support the implementation of UMUHUZA ’s Communications Policy & Strategy
- Create and meticulously maintain UMUHUZA social media accounts with content and ensure that all the content; information, photos, new letters etc. are up-to-date and relevant.
- Organize and maintain the UMUHUZA Rwanda website ensuring the UMUHUZA Rwanda branding requirements are adhered to.
- Be the point of contact with the press
- Act as a liaison across all departments to ensure that the right communication information is accurately put across the appropriate channels.
- Ability to work with graphic designers in developing UMUHUZA branding material.
- Support UMUHUZA’s communication efforts of branding/marketing events
- Perform other administrative duties as we may need you to
- Pursuing or recently completed a Degree in Communications or Journalism
- Good writing and presentation skills in English, Kinyarwanda working knowledge of French would be of advantage.
- Ability to work smart by managing multiple priorities with deadlines in a constantly changing environment
- Be quick to respond to requests for service
- Inherently demonstrate a high level of integrity and be trustworthy
- Be more than approachable with your superior interpersonal skills
- Innately demonstrate superior written and verbal communication skills
- Be willing to travel outside Kigali as required.
Application documents should be submitted not later than November 26, 2020, at 17:00 hrs Kigali time at the following address Umuhuza Kigali office near Remera tax park (Remera sector, Rukiri 1 cell in Ubumwe Village) KG 125 ST 3KG 250 ST 3
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.