The International Pediatric Nephrology Association (IPNA) is inviting applicants for its Pediatric Nephrology Fellowship, who treat children with kidney disease in developing countries and the hard to reach areas of the world. The Program provides fellows with extensive, hands-on training at IPNA training centers that are located around the world. Through the multiplier effect—similar to a train the trainer model—one IPNA Fellowship can impact thousands of children and their families. Since 2003, more than 300 fellows have received training at one of IPNA’s two dozen training centers that are located around the globe.
An IPNA Fellowship is usually 12 months, and in some cases, the training is extended to best serve the fellow’s home country and its children. There are two Fellowship application periods each year. The process to apply is comprehensive and is managed by the IPNA Fellowship Committee. At the conclusion of training, IPNA Fellows report achievements that exceed their initial learning objectives.
Deadline: 1 October 2019
Here are some examples of how fellows achieve gains.
- Managing patients, who are receiving both peritoneal dialysis and hemodialysis.
- Managing patients with end stage renal disease (ESRD).
- Infant dialysis, which is different and more difficult than in older patients.
- Managing intradialytic complications like muscle cramps and disequilibrium syndrome.
- Working within the critical care unit.
- Treating refractory nephropathy, recurrent urinary tract infections and bladder ureter reflux, congenital urinary tract malformations, Lupus nephritis and other causes of acute or chronic renal failure.
- Rare diseases such as primary high oxalate urinary disease, methylmalonic acid hematic disease, congenital nephrotic syndrome and Bartter Syndrome.
- Interpreting the of results of uro-radiologic imaging.
- Developing procedure skills, including handling renal biopsy.
- Utilizing medical teams across specialties for the best possible patient outcomes.
How to Apply
Please fill out the form below to apply to the fellowship program.
For more information, please visit //ipna-online.org/