The International Trade Centre (ITC) invites applications for SheTrades Invest Program 2020 for women entrepreneurs. The International Trade Centre’s SheTrades initiative aims to connect 3 million women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses to international markets by 2021.
SheTrades Invest will:
– Strengthen the financial and managerial capacity of women entrepreneurs, improve their investment readiness, and connect them to impact investors and financiers
– Build a pipeline for investors of women-owned businesses and SMEs that are benefitting women.
SheTrades Invest will be open to women-owned businesses in the countries in which SheTrades has partner investors across Africa, Asia, the Caribbean and Latin America.
All applications will be reviewed and selected companies will gain access to learning opportunities and technical assistance provided by ITC and its partners to improve their investment readiness and competitiveness. Companies selected for the training will also be assessed by a growing network of investors looking to fund promising enterprises and ideas.
The enterprise must comply with at least one of the three criteria below:
1. Be at least 51% owned by woman/women;
2. Be at least 20% owned by woman/women, has at least one woman as CEO/COO/President/Vice President; and has at least 30% of the board of directors composed of women, where a board exists; or
3. Be a SME benefitting women.
– Your company would preferably be operating in one of the following sectors:
| – Agri-Business
– Beauty & Wellness
– Financial Services
| – Health
– Housing Development
– IT & BPO
– Infrastructure and Facilities Development- Sanitation
– Textile & Apparel
Benefits for women-owned small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and SMEs benefiting women:
– Access to a range of local, regional and global investors and impact investors
– Access to capacity-building/technical assistance from ITC
– Increased level of competitiveness and a deeper understanding of business practices, trade and investment.
Women entrepreneurs and women-owned businesses interested in joining SheTrades Invest are requested to apply before 30 September 2019.
For more information on the application criteria, please visit: shetrades.com/en/projects/shetrades-invest