The Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Scholarship Programme provides a grant covering travel, subsistence, admission, tuition and other approved expenses to enable promising young Customs managers from a developing country member of the WCO to undertake Master’s level studies at the Aoyama Gakuin University (AGU) in Tokyo, Japan.
Deadline: August 10,2019
- A candidate must be a customs officer of a developing member of the WCO with quality work experience of at least three years in the field of customs policy and administration in his/her home country.
- Preference will be given to candidates who have experience in IPR border enforcement, and who are expected to work in the IPR-related section of their Customs administration after this Scholarship Programme.
- A candidate must be in good health and preferably under 40 years of age as of April 1, 2020.
- Individuals who have already been awarded a scholarship under the Japan-WCO Human Resource Development Programme in the past will not be entitled to apply for this Scholarship Programme.
- After the completion of the Programme, the candidates should continue to work in their home Customs administration for 3 years at least.
- A monthly stipend covers accommodations, meals, transportations, and other expenses. It cannot be increased to cover family members, if any. The amount of stipend is subject to change according to the decision of the Japanese Government.*
- Admission and tuition fees.**
- Round-trip economy-class air tickets between your home country and Japan.*The current amount of monthly stipend is 147,000 yen (as of 2019).
**The current amount of admission fee is 290,000 yen and annual tuition fee is 917,000 yen (as of 2019)
How to apply
Candidates interested in applying for the scholarship should submit applications for admissions for the 2019/2020 Programme. ID and Password for the online application will be obtained by submitting the ONLINE REGISTRATION FORM (Link is at the top right corner of the Scholarship Webpage. When registering, enter Login ID and password of your own choice and indicate your interest in the WCO Scholarship) on the Web site by the application deadline.