The Rwanda Institute for Conservation Agriculture (RICA) is an internationally recognized, accredited higher education institute in Rwanda, that specializes in conservation agriculture and One Health principles. The institute combines experiential hands-on learning, research, education, and extension to train the next generation of agricultural leaders of Rwanda and East Africa. In addition to training students, RICA conducts applied research and offers extension services to empower smallholder farmers with skills and practices that improve and conserve soil health and increase crop yields and animal produce.
The Institute has expertise in practical hands-on training on conservation agriculture, mechanization, and irrigation techniques to improve agricultural productivity with a focus on soil and environment conservation. Therefore, Rwanda Environment Management Authority (REMA) engaged RICA to offer consultancy services in training beneficiaries of the “Ecosystem/Landscape Approach to Climate Proof the Rural Settlement Program of Rwanda Project” in Gakenke and Kirehe districts funded by the Global Environmental Facility (GEF) and the United Nations Development Program (UNDP).
Consultancy services to be offered by RICA include developing training modules, preparing training materials, and conducting trainings on climate smart agriculture, establishment and management of tree nurseries, animal husbandry, financial literacy, and building capacity of technical staff in public institutions, local government, and members of communities benefiting from project activities.
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
We are seeking a Project Coordinator to oversee implementation of the project activities and ensuring that expected project deliverables are achieved on time. The Project Coordinator will monitor project outcomes and provide logistical support to faculty and staff responsible for implementing project activities. He or she reports to the Extension Director. This position is project-based, and the coordinator’s contract period is dependent on the duration of project activities which at the moment is three years. His/her responsibilities include but are not limited to those listed below.
- Provide leadership, direction, and management of project activities, resources, equipment, and information.
- Ensure that all articles of the project memorandum of understanding between RICA and REMA are adhered to.
- Serve as the link between RICA and project beneficiaries, local leaders, extension agents in the project area.
- Prepare activities budget and ensure compliance with the financing MoU between RICA and REMA.
- Ensure that developed action plans and budget of the project are well aligned to project objectives.
- Prepare activity action plans and share them with relevant faculty and staff for implementation.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff in preparing training modules and conducting training sessions for project beneficiaries.
- Mobilize project beneficiaries and organize logistics and materials needed to train project beneficiaries.
- Prepare consolidated reports for all activities.
- Organize logistics needed to conduct field activities.
- Set timeframes for specific project activities and manage implementation schedule.
- Lead collaboration with REMA staff and other consultants or contractors executing project activities.
- Ensure appropriate utilization of all project documents, materials, and equipment assigned to the project.
- Ensure effective delivery of the project’s objectives.
- Preparing regular progress reports on project activities in accordance with terms of the MoU between RICA and REMA.
- MS degree in agriculture, natural resources, environmental studies, rural development, agribusiness, or MA or MBA in finance, project management, with at least 3 years of experience.
- BSc degree in agriculture, natural resources, environmental studies, agribusiness, or BA in project management, with at least 5 years of recent, practical, and relevant experience.
- Experience in coordinating project field activities.
- Experience in community engagement and mobilization.
- Experience in training farmers.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience in leading teams.
- Fluent in Kinyarwanda.
- Demonstrated relevant management and leadership experience.
- Category B driving license.
HOW TO APPLY
Fill/Upload the information required and submit the following documents in English to the link provided below.
Please combine your resume/CV with your degree certificate as one PDF file before you upload.
- Cover Letter summarizing intent and suitability for the position.
- A resume or CV.
- Official degree certificate for highest degree obtained.
- List of recommenders with contact information.
Review of applications will begin 15th September 2023 and continue until the position is filled.