RECRUITMENT OF AN ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE)
The Association for the Promotion of Education and Training Abroad (APEFE) is a Belgian organization that mobilizes its resources and expertise to serve the countries of the South for strengthening their capacities to implement their development policy in the sectors of education, agriculture and environment, health, governance and the private sector.
In Rwanda, APEFE is implementing its five-year program (2022-2026) financed by the Belgian Directorate General for Development Cooperation (DGD), with the objective of ” to increase the capacities of Rwandan young women and men to access or create decent jobs in selected TVET trades in 6 districts’’. The program is being implemented in a partnership with the Ministry of Public Services and Labour (MIFOTRA).
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
Position: one (1) Assistant Accountant / Ref: AA-08.2023
As part of its 2022-2026 program in Rwanda, APEFE is hiring an Assistant Accountant.
- Place of assignment: Kigali (Rwanda) with 10 % of time of missions in Provinces
- End of contract: December 2026
- Deadline for submitting application: 15th September 2023, 5 p.m.
- Salary: APEFE local salary scale (gross salary for category 3 with 2 years’ experience is 696 448 RWF)
- Career level: minimum 2 years of useful experience
Function: Under the hierarchical authority of the APEFE Administrative and Financial Manager, in collaboration with the Administrative Assistant/Logistics, the Accountant Assistant will provide support to ensure efficient administrative and financial operations of the office.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, organization management or other related field OR Possession of a professional baccalaureate with at least 2 years’ experience in the above-mentioned fields;
- Experience in accounting of companies and/or administrations;
- Analytical thinking and good judgment;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Strong organizational skills with a thorough understanding of finance and accounting principles and procedures;
- Proficiency in office tools (Word, Excel, Outlook), in SAGE or other accounting software would be an asset;
- Confidentiality and ethical behavior;
- Teamwork and time consciousness;
- Basic understanding of financial and tax regulations in Rwanda;
- Sense of organization, rigor and management of priorities;
- Good listening skills;
- Ability to multi-task;
- High degree of professionalism;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Fluent in English – basic knowledge in French is a must.
A curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, past and current service certificates (unproven experience will not be considered during the shortlisting), copies of diploma and certificates, and names of 3 references contacts and emails (former direct supervisors) indicating the reference AA-08.2023, must be sent, not later than September 15th, 2023, 5 p.m., to APEFE by e-mail: email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates whose background and experience meet the criteria above will be contacted.
Done in Kigali, 31st August 2023,