The Management of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) would like to inform
the public that it is recruiting qualified and experienced staff on the following positions:
1. In charge of Energy Projects Liaison
• Participate in community mobilization to seek their cooperation before, during and after the expropriation exercise
• Alongside certified Valuers and social safeguards specialists, coordinate the asset valuation and expropriation exercise, specifically informing affected persons of the requirements and expectations to have complete files ready for compensation, ahead
of time and ensure that expropriation is done in a strict compliance with applicable laws, policies and regulations.
• Prepare and maintain a database of pending expropriation issues in their respective districts and regularly report this to EDCL.
• Together with local authorities and social safeguards, establish and implement Grievance Redress Mechanisms within their respective districts.
• Together with the Project Manager and Social safeguards/Environmentalist monitor, coordinate the implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP)
• Follow-up with respective district authorities (Cell, Sector and District) to ensure expropriation files are approved in time
• Serve as an interface between REG and the districts regarding data and statistics on households connected to electricity and related claims such as customers who made upfront payments for electricity.
• Coordinate the identification of beneficiaries for alternative energy solutions such as Solar home and mini grid systems, Biogas digesters, Improved Cookstoves, LPG and others in their respective districts.
• Participate in the monitoring and evaluation of the installed alternative energy solutions in their respective districts.
• Coordinate awareness campaigns on off-grid electrification and other alternative energy programs within their respective districts
• Coordinate the solar water heater payment recovery in their respective districts.
• Coordinate the provision of after sales services for the installed alternative energy solutions
• Monitor and report on the field status of energy projects, together with the REG project managers and M&E team.
• Alert EDCL on any abandoned electrification/energy projects or electrification material in the area of operation
• Any other assignment given to him/her in relation to the mandate of Rwanda Energy group
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s a degree in Social Sciences, Public Administration, Management, Economics, Business Administration or any other related fields.
• He/She should have a minimum of 1 year of experience in community Mobilization, client relationship management, expropriation and any other relevant experience in respect to the position.
Other competencies & skills
The candidate for this position should have the following minimum core competences;
• Computer knowledge particularly excel and word.
• Being familiar with expropriation issues is an added advantage.
• Experience in data entry and data processing is an added advantage
• He/she should be proficient in spoken and written Kinyarwanda
• He/she should be a team player, with good interpersonal, leadership and communication skills
• To be able to work in any District anywhere in Rwanda
2. Procurement Specialist/EARP
A- Advertising, planning and filing
• Prepare and publish general notices, specific notices and request for expressions of interest
• Prepare and issue bidding documents, request for proposals (RFP) in consultation with Technical departments
• Establish a data base of qualified suppliers and service providers and update it regularly,
• Establish and update regularly the program procurement plans spelling out the various services financed by the program,
• Design and establish a reliable and comprehensive filing and record keeping system of all procurement of the program.
• Ensure that the procurement plan is advertised as well as on the websites of the Implementing Agency
B-Rules and Procedures
• Ensure that the procurement manual is updated and known by all relevant staff
• Ensure that the procurement activities are carried out in accordance with donor’s procurement procedures and guidelines, RPPA and other donors as required
• Ensure that the quality of bid documents and request for proposals is guaranteed, by verifying in particular that all the required conditions to be fulfilled are included;
• Ensure that procurement procedures to be followed are outlined in the Project Implementation Manual (PIM) under Procurement Manual Section
• Ensure procurement/selection methods used are indicated in the Financing Agreement.
C- Selection of the consultants
• Ensure that input to procurement (Terms of reference) are timely obtained from technical or user departments/units
• Draw up Request for proposals and the consultants shortlist on the basis of elements and the specifications of services financed by the program and prepare no-objection requests when required;
• Receive proposals, lead and participate in the opening of technical and financial proposals;
• Participate to the evaluation process of the technical and financial proposals, coordinate and participate to the negotiation process when required;
• Prepare the draft contract between the Program/ EDCL and the chosen consultants after obtaining the no-objection (if required);
• In collaboration with the Contract Management Directorate, ensure that services are provided as stipulated in the contract provisions, propose recommendations for the settlement of disputes which could occur during the implementation of the contract;
D- Works and Goods
• Ensure that input to procurement (Technical specifications) are timely obtained from technical or user departments/units
• Prepare tender documents on the basis of the technical specifications prepared by the service beneficiaries financed by the Program, and ensure that the tender documents are advertised;
• Coordinate and carry out the bidding process, including the pre-bid or pre-proposal meetings, provide clarifications, etc;
• Be present during the opening of bids, write minutes for opening sessions, evaluation report, draw up minutes of the award of the tender, prepare contracts between the Program and the suppliers/entrepreneurs awarded after tender process and Noobjection (if required);
• In collaboration with the Stores and Logistics Manager and other concerned parties, ensure timely reception of the goods and the works of the various contracts financed by the project;
• Establish a database of the performance goods suppliers, entrepreneurs, consultants and update database regularly; Capacity Building
• Mentor colleagues by sharing knowledge in procurement operations;
• Support capacity building in procurement management of staff that deals with procurement operations with emphasis on donor procurement procedures and RPPA Law;
• Advise the implementing Agency on general contract management and monitoring.
Qualifications & Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Management, Procurement, or other equivalent degrees in related field;
• At least 5 years of proven relevant experience in procurement in donor funded projects;
• Being conversant with donors and Government of Rwanda procurement procedures and guidelines;
• Full or partial professional certification in Procurement will be an added advantage
• Experience in utility or other big company procurement would constitute an added advantage
MODE OF APPLICATION
Duly signed application letters addressed to the Managing Director of Energy Development Corporation Limited (EDCL) together with updated detailed curriculum vitae, copies of both academic and professional certificates, proof of related experience/valid work
certificates and names and addresses of at least three (3) reference persons and copy of Identity Card should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 28/05/2020 latest 4:00 P.M.
1. Please note that submission of valid and acceptable proof of experience/work
certificates attached to your job applications to support the relevant experience indicated in the applicant’s CVs among other documents highlighted above is a MUST for pre-selection.
2. Your job application and its attachments MUST be scanned as one pdf document for easy download & analysis of applications
3. ONLY online applications will be received on the mentioned above email. No hardcopy applications will be received.
4. REG is an equal opportunity employer. As part of our company Gender Mainstreaming policy and program, we seek to increase the number of women in all levels of the organization. Therefore, we strongly encourage female candidates to apply. Special consideration will be given to qualified female candidates
For more details,please visit https://www.reg.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/Draft_Job_Advert_of_2_positions_18.05.2020.pdf