About the role
Norrsken Foundation helps entrepreneurs solve the world’s biggest challenges. We believe that entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable businesses are the best bet to solve some of the problems facing our world. We began our journey by creating Europe’s largest hub for entrepreneurship, technology and impact in Stockholm as well as an investment fund that has so far finalized 19 investments. This was just the beginning. We have now decided to scale our operations. Kigali will be the first hub that Norrsken establishes outside of Stockholm.
In Kigali, we aim to build the largest ecosystem for entrepreneurship in Eastern Africa. Norrsken House Kigali will be a 4000m² creative cluster for over 600 people. We will support the local and regional businesses and entrepreneurs with capital, knowledge, network and access to international markets. We will work with a constellation of partner organisations to deliver business advice, training, and acceleration support. We believe that if we give people the best workspace in the world, they can do the best work in the world. In this role, you will be responsible for maintaining and improving Norrsken House Kigali, setting up world-class facilities, managing projects and documenting processes so that the House runs smoothly and the members get a seamless experience.
A job at Norrsken is like working at a startup. It’s a fast-paced and exciting place to work but it will be demanding, things may change quickly and new opportunities come out of the blue. As a result, your responsibilities will change over time as well. But it will give you the opportunity of a lifetime to work on ideas and solutions that truly drive positive impact in society.
You will work in the following areas of operations – Facilities, Community, Events and Acceleration & Incubation Programmes with responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Ensure that Norrsken House Kigali becomes fully operational before the launch. This includes making sure it complies to necessary standards, that all systems are in place as well as procuring services (wifi, security etc.), tools, equipment and furniture
- Ensure that all facility, community, events and programmes operations and processes are running smoothly once the House is open
- Constantly look for ways to improve the building and make recommendations
- Manage help queries and support requests from the community
- Fix day-to-day technical issues, eg meeting room screens, microphones or member portal issues
- Be responsible for the building’s access, security and member safety plans, i.e. fire and emergencies.
- Manage communication of information to members via in-house systems
- Vendor management
- Consumables management: managing inventory stock levels, ordering consumables
Project Management & Future Planning
- Build and maintain processes that make Norrsken House Kigali the go-to place for impact tech entrepreneurs to grow their startup. Where things just work.
- Initiate and manage optimization, process improvement and automation projects related to Norrsken House Kigali
- Uphold the Norrsken feeling throughout the House
- Record and review processes, create playbooks for tasks and ensure the information is updated and accurate.
Your Profile We’re looking for a self-starter who enjoys implementing and fine-tuning processes, someone flexible and at ease with change. You are a fun and energetic team player. Confident giving your opinion, you’re also a good listener and don’t shy away from giving and accepting feedback. You’re a critical thinker and able to take independent decisions.
- You understand the challenges facing entrepreneurs. You’re passionate about making the world a better place, and believe entrepreneurship, technology and business can be a driving force for this.
- You are a process geek: you are good at creating efficiencies through continuous process improvements
- You have experience of managing business operations and project management
- You are service-minded, confident around people and have experience dealing with member issues, customer complaints or difficult conversations
- Tech-savvy, you would be comfortable with playing around with IT and/or AV equipment.
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills (Kinyarwanda, English)
- You have the ability to work with autonomy, are detail-oriented and structured with exceptional organizational and multitasking skills
- You take pride in resourcefulness – if you don’t know how to do something, you figure it out or you know who to ask
Desired, but not necessary
- Knowledge of the various business, tech and corporate sectors in Rwanda and their respective challenges
- Experience of building or venue management
- Digital native, perhaps with some skills in photoshop, coding, or video editing
- Experience with CRM software, Building Management software or similar. We use Office R&D and Podio.
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, and training
Norrsken actively seeks to recruit talented people from all backgrounds. Higher education is a requirement, but we consider a broad range of fields of study to be relevant for this role. The salary level will be in line with market salaries for similar positions.