The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking a Laboratory Lead for an upcoming program in Rwanda.
The Laboratory Lead will provide oversight and technical assistance in laboratory management, Quality Management System (QMS) processes, including but not limited to, CQI framework, RTCQI and accreditation, as well as, thinking around M&E of lab services and the related LIS system.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support QMS teams in implementing QMS towards maintaining and strengthening accreditation and certification.
- Work closely with the RBC to ensure QMS activities are aligned to the strategic plan and M&E framework.
- Work in collaboration with the relevant MOH departments to develop/review/update and disseminate policies.
- Work with Health Informatics Lead on use of and interoperability of LIS.
- Review technical guidance and implementation framework of laboratory CQI for accurate test results and reliable laboratory-based and POC testing services including, proficiency testing, tester and testing site certification, and post-market surveillance of testing kits.
- Develop policy and procedures for HIV Rapid Testing Quality Improvement Initiative (RTQII) site audit and tester certification, competency assessment of the personnel performing HTC, lot-release testing for rapid test post-marketing surveillance to ensure quality of HTS.
- Develop an M&E plan for quality improvement of RTQII with the M&E Lead.
- Provide TA to enhance laboratory diagnostic capacity for related opportunistic infections, support laboratory surveillance, biosafety and biosecurity program and mounting a public health response.
- Develop a transition/sustainability plan together with the Principal Investigator (PI) and Project Director (PD)
- In collaboration with MoH coordinate the training of lab specialists.
- Scale-up ePT.
- Provide TA to develop an LIS implementation plan for use by MOH staff for timely laboratory service delivery, performance monitoring and quality improvement.
- Assess current lab practices and workflow for electronic data management and system architecture for interoperability with other electronic health management systems and surveillance platforms.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Medical Laboratory Sciences or Biomedical Sciences or other relevant field.
- At least 5 years’ experience in design and implementation of laboratory QMS in reputable laboratories.
- Demonstrated experience in implementation of quality management systems including, ISO 15189, ISO 17043 and ISO17025.
- Demonstrated experience in M&E of lab systems and supporting development/enhancement of LIS.
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.