Apply now for the UES- Law, Economics and Governance International Talent Scholarship 2020 (UES-LEGITSs). This scholarship offers a number of highly talented prospective students the opportunity to pursue a degree in one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance at the Utrecht University. With this selective scholarship programme the Faculty wants to contribute and invest in talented students who have shown the highest achievement in their career so far. This can be based on their academic quality and results from preceding education or from student’s societal engagement or career vision. The scholarship enhances a more divers and international classroom. Approximately 15 UES-LEGITSs are awarded per year.
Criteria for eligibility
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
- The academic quality and results of the preceding education, as evidence, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
- The student’s career vision, promise in the proposed field of study;
- The student’s societal engagement (e.g. extracurricular activities)
- The quality and relevance of the motivation letter for the Master’s programme;
- The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency)
In order to be awarded this scholarship students should:
- have been admitted to one of the English taught Master’s programmes of the Graduate School of Law, Economics and Governance with a start date of September 1, 2020;
- hold a non-Dutch secondary education degree;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa if applicable;
Failure to meet one or more of these criteria automatically means the student is not eligible for this scholarship.
- for students who will have to pay the statutory tuition fee (mainly EU/EEA student): €11.000
- for students who will have to pay the institutional tuition fee (most non EU/EEA students): tuition fee + €11.000
In a 2-year’s Master’s programme the scholarship will only be renewed for the second year if the student is making satisfactory progress towards the degree.
Deadline and application procedure
Students who wish to be considered for the scholarship have to apply for admission to the programme before 1 February.
Students who apply for a UES will be automatically considered students who apply for a UES-LEGITS. Students who are not eligible for a UES (e.g. because they hold a EU/EEA citizenship) may be eligible for a UES-LEGITS.
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from the 1st of November.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES-LEGITS or UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme, you can go to Osiris Online Application.
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link New application.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- In contrast with a regular UES, for UES-LEGITS a top 10% ranking of your graduation class is not a criterium.
- Students who apply for UES-LEGITS only (e.g. because they hold a EU/EEA citizenship) must upload a general recommendation letter instead when asked for proof of top 10% ranking.
- Non-EU/EEA students who do have a top 10% ranking proof should also upload this as well because they may then qualify for both, UES and UES-LEGITS. Without this proof an application is for UES-LEG-ITS only.
- EU/EEA students can ignore messages they are not eligible because they don’t hold a non-EU/EEA citizenship
- Submit your application.
You will not be informed whether you have been awarded the scholarship prior to the scholarship deadline and not before you have been (un)conditionally admitted to the programme.
Applications arriving after the 1 February deadline will not be considered for a scholarship in the Master’s programme that starts the next academic year.
The Admissions Committee will assess the eligibility to be nominated with the above mentioned criteria for all candidates. Secondly, they will review the application files and will make a selection. Students will be informed about the scholarship after they have been (un)conditionally admitted to the Master’s programme.
- For general information about the UES-LEGITS you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For information about the admission and application for a Master’s programme of the Faculty of Law Economics and Governance see ‘Admission and Application’ per programme
For more details,please visit ues-law-economics-and-governance-international-talent-scholarship