The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is seeking a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL)/Strategic Information (SI) Lead for an upcoming program in Rwanda.
The MEL/SI Lead will be responsible for the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems that document, report and enable timely use of results, as well as strengthen and use relevant national and district reporting systems. S/he will be expected to develop a strong monitoring and evaluation plan consistent with the donor’s results framework, including appropriate indicators, baseline assessment plan/ data, targets and plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Oversee, implement and coordinate all monitoring and evaluation activities for the program.
- Develop a robust M&E approach that can track the immediate and intermediate effects of program activities, including changes in knowledge, attitudes, responsiveness, data use and technical assistance demand.
- Design and implement an M&E system capable of timely tracking performance and use the data to adjust implementation for optimal performance.
- Build capacity of MOH/RBC staff in M&E and SI including data use for decision-making and M&E systems.
- Strengthen and expand existing national data quality assurance policies and strategies to institutionalize evidence-based methods for measuring data quality and ensuring that data are measured for quality at each level of use.
- Ensure continuous and regular monitoring of data at facility, subnational and national levels.
- Create or revise standard operating procedures for routine health data quality assurance at point of service delivery.
- Conduct Data Quality Assessments and build capacity in data quality assessments.
- In collaboration with MOH/RBC, strengthen electronic medical record (EMR) platforms to support ongoing case-based surveillance and data analysis and use to inform public health response at national, district and site levels.
- Develop methods for data quality assurance of EMR platforms to ensure routine quality checks are in place at facility level and that patient level data are at high quality for national and sub-national level analysis of key clinical outcomes.
- Establish and coordinate a M&E system for the KP national national prevention program at all levels
- Design and institutionalize appropriate strategies for mother-infant cohort monitoring to allow measuring of the PMTCT program
- Provide regular reports on the status of implementation against the project goals and objectives to PI, PD and CDC and other program managers as required.
- Collaborate with the project team in identifying project activities, processes and outcomes for documentation and sharing lessons learned and best practices.
- Masters of Science in Epidemiology and/or Statistics or related field.
- At least 7 years of experience in international health programs; 5 of which are with PEPFAR-funded programs and 3 of which are CDC-funded.
The Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is an international non-profit affiliate of the University of Maryland, Baltimore that supports CIHEB to strengthen health systems and reduce the spread and impact of HIV/AIDS. Currently, MGIC has offices in Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia.
Our Core Values are at the heart of our mission to improve the human condition through teaching, research and service.