DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS : 25 June 2020
DATE OF ISSUANCE : 27 May 2020
OFFICE : Registry/ WISP
LOCATION : Kigali
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT : 2020/IRMCT/REG/WISP/069-GS
United Nations Core Values: Integrity, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity
Organizational setting and Reporting:
This position is located in the Witness Support and Protection Unit (WISP) of the Registry of the International Residual Mechanism for Criminal Tribunals, Arusha branch (Kigali Sub-office). Under the supervision of the WISP Medical Officer (Kigali), the incumbent will be responsible for supporting the work of the WISP Clinic in the Kigali Sub-office.
The following duties will be performed by the incumbent:
• Assist the Medical Officer in providing adequate medical care to eligible clients of the WISP Medical Clinic.
• Ensure and provide comprehensive medical care independently or in collaboration with the Medical Officer.
• Initiate therapeutic interventions consistent with clients’ needs and interests.
• Dispense drugs to clients as prescribed by the Medical Officer.
• Under the supervision of the Medical Officer, prepare orders for medicines and medical supplies.
• Maintain inventory of drugs and other supplies.
• Assist the Medical Officer when examining clients.
• Ensure that medical equipment is functioning effectively.
• Escort clients to specialized hospitals if necessary and ensure follow-up of such cases.
• Assist the Medical Officer in preparing quarterly statistical reports on drug consumption and client care according to the UN guidelines.
• Remain on call for emergencies during the weekends and outside normal working hours.
• Provide counseling to clients as well as psychological support as and when required.
• Ensure effective communication between clients and other doctors as well as colleagues.
• Document medical records for WISP clients in a strictly confidential manner.
• Assess the needs of clients visiting the clinic, provide care and advice accordingly or facilitate referral to the Medical Officer or other specialized medical facility.
• Assist in providing health awareness to clients in areas such as HIV/AIDS.
• Keep abreast of emerging trends in the nursing field continuously.
• Prepare vaccination appointments for clients.
• Perform other duties considered necessary by the Medical Officer for the proper functioning of the WISP Clinic.
• Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
• Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; ask questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailor language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people
Education: High school diploma and completion of a course of three (3) or more years at an accredited School of Nursing.
Experience: At least 7 years of experience as a Nurse in a hospital or a large clinic.
Experience working within the United Nations common system or another International Organization is highly desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the MICT. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Working knowledge of French and/or Kinyarwanda is desirable. Knowledge of Swahili is an asset.
There may be a technical test followed by a competency-based interview.
The United Nations Secretariat is committed to achieving 50/50 gender balance in its staff. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
The appointment is limited to the Mechanism. Appointment of the successful candidate on this position will be limited to the initial funding of the post. Extension of the appointment is subject to the extension of the mandate and/or the availability of funds. Appointments of staff members in the United Nations are subject to the authority of the Secretary-General.
HOW TO APPLY:
NOTE FOR INTERNAL CANDIDATES:
1) Staff at the G-5 and G-6 levels are eligible to apply; the requirement for one year post occupancy is applicable.
2) Interested staff members must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable via personal inspira accounts (in PDF format) or the Mechanism website. Please submit all documents including the PHP, a Cover Letter, and the last two ePAS’s ELECTRONICALLY AS ONE DOCUMENT to the recruitmentR@un.org in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line.
3) Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
NOTE FOR EXTERNAL CANDIDATES:
1) External applicants must complete the UN Personal History Profile (PHP) form obtainable from the Mechanism website (www.irmct.org) and forward electronically AS ONE DOCUMENT to the recruitmentR@un.org in-box. Please indicate the job opening number in the subject line. Applicants may have to sit the United Nations Global General Services Test (GGST) in the duty station as per OHRM instructions. Evidence of passing the ASAT/GGST is encouraged in order to assess the need for testing.
2) The appointment of the successful candidate will be on a local basis.
NOTE FOR PREVIOUSLY ROSTERED CANDIDATES
Roster candidates must express their interest and availability for published job openings by submitting an updated PHP and cover letter.
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICATIONS RECEIVED AFTER THE DEADLINE AT MIDNIGHT (THE HAGUE TIME) ON THE CLOSING DATE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
For more details,please Download https://www.irmct.org/sites/default/files/vacancy/200527-nurse-kigali-g6_en.pdf