The OFID Scholarship Award supports outstanding young individuals from developing countries so that they are able to pursue graduate studies in a development-related field. The program, which is currently in its thirteenth year of operation, has to date helped over 50 young people complete their education. The Scholarship portal is now open to receive applications.
The deadline for submission is April 14, 2019.
- Must be between the ages of 23-32 at the time of submitting his/her application.
- Must have obtained or be on the verge of completing their undergraduate degree with a Baccalaureate from an accredited college/university, or its equivalent.
- Must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 rating system, or its equivalent.
- Must be matriculated at an accredited university for the upcoming academic year starting August/September 2018, and must maintain full-time status for the duration of the Master’s Degree.
- Must be a national of a developing country—please refer to the list of eligible countries. Please note that nationals of OFID Member Countries (Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Venezuela) are ineligible to apply.
- Must select a subject of study that pertains to OFID’s core mission, such as: economics of development (poverty reduction, energy and sustainable development), environment (desertification), or other related science and technology fields.
The Award will cover the full cost of tuition fees, including any supplementary fees, required by your academic institution. The grant will also cover one round-trip flight between your home country and the university, health insurance, a relocation grant to help you cover additional costs of moving, and a monthly allowance for one year.
How to apply
- STEP 1: Ensure that you fulfill the OFID Scholarship Award Eligibility Criteria and all necessary documents are ready for submission.
- STEP 2: Register within the OFID Scholarship Portal by using your email address. Please note you can log onto the portal as many times as required before finally submitting the application.
- STEP 3: Fill out the application form. Make sure to save data each time you update your application. Once you are logged in, if the page remains inactive for more than two hours, your session will time-out and you may lose unsaved data. Do not submit your application until you have completed the entire application process!
- STEP 4: Upload necessary documents: CV, two recommendation letters, certificates/transcripts from the highest level of completed education, acceptance letter into postgraduate program, passport copy and personal essay.
- STEP 5: When your application is complete, and all additional documents are uploaded, your application is ready to be submitted. Once your application is submitted, you can no longer make any changes or upload any more documents.The application deadline is April 14th , 2019. Please do not call or email OFID to see if your application has been received or to inquire about your status. You will receive an automated confirmation once your application has been submitted. Only the winners will be notified by June 2019 and announced on our website.
- A completed on-line application form.
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport.
- A scanned copy of the transcripts/certificates from the highest level of education completed.
- A scanned letter of acceptance from chosen educational institution, confirming your admission, subject of study and duration of the Master’s degree program.
- A proof of meeting any prerequisites, including language proficiency.
- A short essay – of about 500 words in English – giving reasons for applying for the OFID scholarship, explaining your educational goals, and clearly describing how you will use the experience gained from your Master’s degree studies to help in the development of your home country.
- Two letters of recommendation from professors and/or lecturers at applicant’s present university (or present employer).
- Curriculum Vitae (CV).
For more information,please visit //www.ofid.org/FOCUS-AREAS/Beyond-the-scope/Scholarship-Award