In a bid to attain a satisfactory level of professionals in different business related areas, UR-CBE has introduced and is seeking to strengthen highly reputable professional programs such as Certified Public Accountants (CPA), Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA), Chartered Institute for Securities and Investment (CISI), Chartered Institute of Procurement and Supply (CIPS) and Project Management Professional (PMP).
In fulfilling its mandate, University of Rwanda College of Business and Economics is seeking to hire part-time knowledgeable, competent and experienced Lecturers to support UR-CBE in the coaching process of professional courses of Certified Public Accountants (CPA) and Certified Accounting Technicians (CAT).
Main duties and responsibilities
a) Providing the student with sufficient supervised, relevant knowledge of an appropriate level ;
b) To plan, prepare and conduct appropriately the assigned courses at the scheduled times;
c) To demonstrate competence in classroom instruction;
d) To apply appropriate multiple assessment tools and strategies to evaluate and promote the continuous
intellectual development of the students
e) To demonstrate timeliness and attendance for assigned responsibilities
f) To provide all assessments (CATs, MOCKS, Others) to ensure readiness of candidates.
The suitable individual should fulfill the following:
• Hold a Bachelor degree and above from a recognized university in the areas of management, economics, accounting, finance and other related field.
• Being a Certified Public Accountant with Professional qualification of ACCA, CPA or CAT
• Minimum teaching experience of at least 3 years, in the field of Accounting, Auditing, Taxation, Management, Economics, ICT & Communication, and Law
• Being a member in good standing of a professional body recognized by International Federation of Accountants (IFAC) is an added advantage.
• Demonstrate professional integrity, self-confidence, and ability to teach professional courses.
• Being ready to work on part-time basis (Evening and Weekends) and in any campus of the University of Rwanda.
Supervision and reporting requirements
The individuals will report to the Director of Long Life Learning & Professional Development Programs at UR-CBE Gikondo Campus.
Interested Candidates should submit their expression of interest including:
Motivation letter, updated CV/Resume, degree certificate(s), professional qualification certificate(s), and any other relevant academic documents.
Note: The above package should be submitted before Sunday 16th February 2020 through an online application platform available on the UR-CBE Website.
Duration of Assignment
Successful individuals shall be hired on part-time basis as the need arises in the foreseeable future.
NB: Existing UR-CPA Lecturers are not required to re-apply