The Higher Education Council (HEC) wishes to inform the general public that, through the Bilateral Cooperation between the Government of Rwanda and the Peoples’ Republic of China, the China University of Geosciences (CUG) Wuhan has offered to the Government of Rwanda three (3) CSC (China Scholarship Council) scholarships for Masters (3 years) and PhD (4 years) programmes in the academic year 2020-2021.
Interested candidates should submit following documents:
- Application letter addressed to the Executive Director of HEC;
- National ID or valid Passport;
- Curriculum Vitae;
- One (1) passeport size photo;
- Original notified certificate/ transcripts;
- Original notified Degree;
- Recommendation letters from two current or former academic staff who taught or supervised the applicant;
- A study plan or research proposal (Minimum of 500 words for Masters and 800 words for PhD);
- Filled forms for China Government Scholarship and Foreign Physical Examination (available on HEC website).
- The English-taught programmes to apply for are:
- Masters level: Oil and Natural Gaz Engineering, Environmental Science and Engineering, Chemistry.
- PhD level: Oil and Natural Gaz Engineering, Environmental Engineering.
- Candidates must possess: Bachelor’s Degree in related fields with at least 2nd Class Upper Division or equivalent for the Master Degree applicants; or Masters Degree with at least 70% for the PhD applicants.
- Candidates must be under 35 years for Masters level and 40 years for PhD level.
- This scholarship covers the tuition fees, accommodation fees, comprehensive medical insurance and monthly living allowance. Any other extra expenses that may arise will be covered by the student.
A complete application file should be submitted to the Higher Education Council, Students Loan Department, located at Remera (near REB) not later than 10/02/2020 at 5.00 pm. Only complete application documents will be accepted
For more information,please visit http://hec.gov.rw/fileadmin/user_upload/Cooperation_Scholarship_China_China_University_of_Geosciences_2020.pdf