Do you have a great climate change adaptation or clean energy project, but have you had difficulty attracting investment? PFAN can help!
What PFAN offers to your project
- Free one-to-one coaching by climate and clean energy financing experts in your country or region: our experts know what investors look for and will help you structure and refine your business plan, and create a pitch that will get investors interested.
- Free investment-readiness assessments: together with your coach, our dedicated Investment Facilitation Team will periodically review your project to see whether it is ready for commercial investment.
- Personalised investor matchmaking services: once your project is investment-ready, the Investment Facilitation Team will provide introductions to investors.
- The opportunity to participate in PFAN Investment Forums: the most promising projects will be invited to pitch directly to investors at a PFAN Investment Forum. These Forums also offer great opportunities to network with investors, other entrepreneurs and international experts. The best pitch at each Forum receives a PFAN Climate & Clean Energy Investment Forum Award.
- Technical assistance and deal-making facilitation: once an investor has shown serious interest in your project, technical assistance can be provided if deemed necessary to move a deal forward. Your coach and the Investment Facilitation Team will support you throughout the deal-making process, to ensure you get the best investment deal for your project.
PFAN accepts applications for projects in low- and middle-income countries in Sub-Saharan Africa, South Asia, Southeast Asia, Pacific Islands, Eastern Europe and Central Asia, Central America and Caribbean Islands (see below for a full list of eligible countries).
To be eligible for PFAN support, your project or business must provide climate change adaptation benefits, or offer or use clean energy technologies, products or services, including, but not limited to, the activity areas below. PFAN is technology neutral, which means we do not prefer any technology over any other.
Proposals should demonstrate that the project is commercially and technically viable, and requires no or only minimal grant funding. If your project currently receives grant funding or has done so in the past, that does not affect eligibility.
For more information about the selection and scoring criteria used by PFAN, click here.
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis, and you may submit your application at any time. Periodically, we may announce deadlines for submissions eligible for participation in specific Investment Forums.
Evaluations of applications take place every three months. If you submit just after the deadline for the next evaluation round, it may take up to three months before your application is evaluated.
PFAN has worked with over 500 projects since its launch in 2006. To see examples of successful projects and read what the project developers thought of working with PFAN, see our success stories here.
For more details,please visit https://pfan.net/submit-a-proposal/