Host Entity- UNFPA
Duty Station- Kigali (RWA)
Language Skills- English, Korean, French
Start Date- 01 July 2020
Duration- 12 months with possibility of extension
Application Deadline- 03 June 2020
Minimum age: 25 years old. Nationals of the country of assignment are not eligible, except the assignments in Headquarters duty stations.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordinator the UN Volunteer will undertake the following tasks:
- Lead the development of the M&E Strategy for UNFPA’s KOICA-funded project in close consultation with the UNFPA Project Coordinator and the Programme team;
- Provide quality assurance of project documents through review of results frameworks in order to meet SMART criteria;
- Coordinate the planning and implementation of the project’s baseline and rapid assessment studies to inform the start of the KOICA-funded project;
- Manage the development of monitoring indicators, monitoring calendars, and field monitoring plans and quality assurance processes; ensure use of relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations are incorporated to programme formulation;
- Support planning process, annual work plan development, monitoring, reviews and reporting;
- Ensure linkage of the project’s Annual Work Plans and corresponding M&E Plans with the UNFPA Country Programme and with the donor’s Strategic Plan.
- Design and utilize data collection tools including surveys;
- Manage the creation, updating and maintaining document repositories for monitoring and evaluation;
- Prepare inputs for project reports and communications; including generation of knowledge products
- Provide technical support to the project’s implementing partners, stakeholders to take ownership of programme outcomes through participation in analysis and produce conclusions, recommendations, lessons and good practices on a regular basis;
- In collaboration with the KMCO and Project Coordinator, provide relevant training to team, national implementing partners and stakeholders in monitoring and evaluation;
- Support the project Coordinator in the organization of meetings, workshops, seminars and training events on M&E matters.
- Support liaison with the KOICA Rwanda CO on technical M&E matters.
University degree, preferably a master’s degree in social sciences, public health, economics, business administration, project management, development planning, evaluation, statistics, demography/population studies, data analysis, or other relevant disciplines.
- Five years of demonstrated experience in programme planning, monitoring and evaluation, ideally in the Public Health / Sexual and Reproductive Health field.
- Demonstrated experience at the national or international level in project cycle management including project design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects required.
- Experience in research, design and conduct of key studies, project evaluation and planning of large-scale assessments required.
- Practical experience (at least 3 years) in the area of results-based management (RBM), monitoring and evaluation, statistics and/or research methodologies;
- Experience in handling of web-based management systems (required);
- Solid overall computer literacy, including proficiency in various MS Office applications (Excel, Word, etc.) and email/internet; familiarity with database management; and office technology equipment;
- Proficiency in Excel (required);
- Familiarity with Qualitative and Quantitative software (e.g. SPSS, Stata, etc) would be asset;
- Excellent writing and communications skills.
- English(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- Korean(Mandatory), Level – Fluent
- French(Optional), Level – Working Knowledge
Accountability, Adaptability and Flexibility, Building Trust, Commitment and Motivation, Commitment to Continuous Learning, Communication, Creativity, Empowering Others, Ethics and Values, Integrity, Judgement and Decision-making, Knowledge Sharing, Leadership, Managing Performance, Planning and Organizing, Professionalism, Respect for Diversity, Self-Management, Technological Awareness, Vision, Working in Teams
* Not yet registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first register your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/signup. Important: After creating your account, complete all sections of your profile and submit it. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink. Lastly, select the special call to which you would like to apply.
* Already registered in the UNV Talent Pool?
Please first update your profile at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/profile. Then go to ‘My Page’ at https://vmam.unv.org/candidate/mypage and click on the ‘Special Calls’ hyperlink to select the special call to which you would like to apply.
Application deadline: 03-06-2020