Realizing sustainable growth in the African poultry sector is a program for learning and business development.
The Poultry learning program aims to facilitate the attendance of sixty emerging farmers from a wide variety of African countries to Poultry Africa 2019. We seek to support these emerging farmers by stimulating knowledge transfers and building links between the Dutch and African delegations. The combined learning and business event is a collaborative effort of Resiliencia Rwanda, PUM and AgriProFocus Rwanda.
Moreover, farmers will participate in a poultry master class including workshops and field visits taught by senior experts from the Netherlands. The combined learning and business program will enable emerging farmers to understand how they can make to grow their business in a sustainable manner.
THE CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
• Emerging farmer currently owns/manages a poultry business in an African country
• Emerging farmer owns more than 5000 chickens
• Poultry farmer should have a decent understanding of English
• Poultry farmer is able and willing to pay transportation costs to Kigali (Bus or flight tickets based on country of origin) and half of the accommodation costs in Kigali.
• The winners of Ugandan best farmer awards are automatically eligible to participate.
WHAT CAN YOU EXPECT FROM PROGRAM?
All program activities: Attending Poultry Africa 2019, Workshops and Farm visits
• Breakfast, lunch and dinner during the learning program
• Local transportation for program activities
• 50% of accommodation costs in Kigali (up to 60.000 Frw per night)
IS THIS SOUNDS INTERESTING?
Find more information on the attached flyer and apply for this business opportunity. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as we have limited seats.