Location: Kigali, Rwanda
Start Date: Contingent upon award, anticipated May 2021
DevWorks International (DevWorks) is recruiting for a Private Sector Development Manager for the anticipated USAID-funded Rwanda THRIVE Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (WASH) Activity. The project will work to (1) improve the capacity of district governments to plan for, monitor, and regulate water services; (2) expand and professionalize rural water services; and (3) scale up market-based solutions for household sanitation and hygiene. This is a 5-year project with an anticipated award size of $19-21 million.
The Private Sector Development Manager will be responsible for leading interventions to improve rural sanitation services in Rwanda through increased availability of and demand for sanitation products and services. The Private Sector Development Manager will help to identify training needs and provide capacity building to WASH enterprises in business skills such as marketing, financial management, and other topics as identified. The Private Sector Development Manager will also engage with financial institutions to develop and expand financing options for WASH enterprises to grow their business and for households to enable the purchase of sanitation products and services. This position will promote improved coordination between private and public sector actors to ensure an improved business enabling environment for WASH enterprises. The Private Sector Development Manager will represent the project at relevant technical, policy, and strategic planning meetings regarding public-private sector issues with the Government of Rwanda, partners, donors, and other stakeholders. This position is full time.
- Eight to ten (8-10) years of experience working in the private sector or providing technical assistance to improve private sector performance.
- In-depth understanding of Rwanda’s private sector stakeholders in the WASH sector.
- Experience providing business development services to entrepreneurs and enterprises, ideally in the WASH sector.
- Experience working with financial institutions to develop inclusive financial products; experience facilitating access to finance for consumers and enterprises for basic services, ideally in the WASH sector.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with and build consensus among private and public sector stakeholders.
- Experience working on donor-funded international development projects of similar scope, complexity, and size; experience with USAID-funded projects is desirable.
- Master’s degree in business, management, economics, finance, or a related field.
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda; proficiency in English.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “THRIVE Private Sector Development Manager” in the subject line.