Bridges to Prosperity (B2P) is an international non-governmental organization that specializes in the design and construction of pedestrian footbridges. We are seeking a motivated, dynamic and highly capable Procurement and Logistics Coordinator (PLC) to support our Rwanda Program.
As the Rwanda PLC, you will be responsible for leading the procurement of materials and tools and ensuring their timely delivery to site for projects in rural communities throughout the country. In close coordination with Bridges to Prosperity’s build teams, the PLC interfaces with local suppliers, transportation providers, and other stakeholders to ensure the success of each project.
The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree or diploma in procurement or a related field such as construction management. The candidate will also require professional experience in supply chain management, procurement and logistics in order to support construction teams in the completion of projects safely, on-time, on-budget and to specification. To achieve this, the successful candidate needs be a team-player but with the ability to work independently and in remote locations when required. The candidate must be fluent in Kinyarwanda and English
- Work with B2P staff to generate purchase orders for construction materials
- Liaise with existing and identify new regional and national suppliers for construction materials
- Secure best prices through developing relationships and utilizing bulk purchasing
- Ensure that all materials procured meet B2P’s quality standards
- Ensure that supply chains of suppliers are adequate to meet B2P construction schedules, and if necessary, secure additional suppliers to meet demands
- Work with B2P construction teams to track materials delivered and used in each project
- Assist B2P District and Community Coordinator in preparation of procurement documentation for submission to districts for reimbursements
- Contract with local logistics and trucking companies
- Ensure timely and safe delivery of materials and equipment to each project site
- Oversee the transportation of B2P assets from site to site
- Coordinate maintenance and upkeep of B2P vehicles
- Utilize B2P inventory system and ensure B2P warehouse is well maintained
- Undergraduate degree in procurement or related field (e.g. Construction Management)
- 3 years’ experience in procurement and logistics management
- Experience in supply chain management
- Experience managing relationships with suppliers or transportation providers
- Fluency in Kinyarwanda and English
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products and other software
- Driver’s License and experience driving on rural roads
The Procurement and Logistics Coordinator works with the local people involved in bridge projects to mutually promote community harmony. The Procurement and Logistics Coordinator splits time between field management and Kigali-based logistical and administrative tasks. Whilst in the field, the Procurement and Logistics Coordinator is expected to live modestly in local accommodation and use local transportation to get around.
We have seen firsthand the benefits of a diverse team, and the strength that comes with diversity in experience, background, and perspective. We strongly encourage applications from individuals that would bring a unique or underrepresented perspective to our organization.