Global Communities is an international development non-profit organization. Our mission is to create long-lasting, positive and community-led change that improves the lives and livelihoods of vulnerable people across the globe.
Global Communities is seeking an experienced Program Director to manage the anticipated DFID Improving Early Childhood Development (IECD) in Rwanda program. The program has been at approximately £14.5 million over 4 years with possible 2 year extension.
The DFID Improving Early Childhood Development (IECD) program will do the following:
- Provide parenting education to pregnant women, couples and parents of 0-3 year old children in 16 of the 30 Districts in Rwanda
- Provide follow up with parenting education support as the children transition to the 4-6 years age group, with most vulnerable households identified for additional support.
- Provide technical assistance to the National Early Childhood Development Programme (NECDP) focused on Community Health Workers (CHWs), Inshuti z’ Umuryango (IZUs) or community volunteers in charge of child protection and ECD fold persons to enhance their support and coordination of ECD services at community level.
The Team Leader will be responsible for all aspects of the Early Childhood Development (IECD) program and serves as the Program’s key representative to DFID, the Government of Rwanda, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Oversee all technical and managerial aspects of the project, including supervising staff.
- Oversee financial management of the project and compliance with DFID rules.
- Supervise staff.
- Oversee sub-grants.
- Supervise program monitoring, evaluation
- Serve as the principal liaison with the Government of Rwanda; DFID and other donors; the steering committee and project partners and stakeholders to ensure effective program implementation and build lasting relationships.
Education: Masters’ degree in education, health or a related field;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience leading and managing multi-sectoral and multi-level donor funded development projects
- Demonstrated results managing local partners and working with diverse stakeholders including local and national governments
- Demonstrated results building capacity and taking programs to scale
- Demonstrated expertise in the field of Early Childhood Development preferred
- Experience in Rwanda strongly preferred
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFID rules and regulations
- Demonstrated knowledge of gender issues
- Fluent English required; Kinyarwanda preferred;