Rotation : This post is non-rotational.
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS VACANCY IS OPEN TO NATIONALS OF RWANDA ONLY
Closing date: 10 May 2021
Duration: One year renewable (*)
The Programme Assistant will support Programme Officers to deliver the 8th Country programme which endeavors to support upstream interventions focusing on policy dialogue, advocacy, evidence generation and capacity development while ensuring that no one is left behind. This will be done by supporting the programme to use its comparative advantage to support data collection and analysis to identify the most vulnerable populations and prioritize these in advocacy interventions. UNFPA supports evidence generation and the effective delivery of integrated sexual and reproductive health services, including in humanitarian situations. The programme also ensures young people are equipped with knowledge and skills to make informed decisions on reproductive health and rights and fully participate in development and humanitarian actions. All these will be achieved through a mix of strategies and interventions supported by the Programme Assistant.
The post is located in the Rwanda Country office and reports to the UNFPA Deputy Representative.
- Organize and ensure effective management of programme secretariat.
- Contribute to the dispatching and transmission of the incoming and outgoing mails.
- File and maintain correspondences (letters, fax and e-mail), reports and all documents related to programme implementation.
- Implement the existing filling system adopted by the office and ensure that every programme document is retrieved easily.
- Scan documents, draft, type and print letters as requested.
- Provide overall and regular administrative and secretarial support to the Deputy Representative.
- Prepare the programme meetings and draft Minutes of the meetings.
- Follow up with the Programme Officers on key actions from the meeting.
- Ensure the availability of the filling index of the programme documents (project documents, LoUs, MoUs, AWP and others).
- Ensure the availability of an updated list of addresses of different partners involved in the Country Programme implementation.
- Ensure that logistical issues are sorted out for the workshops (booking the venue, budget preparation, equipment and stationery to be used).
- Follow up of the transmission of the FACE and quarterly activity plan.
- Follow up with the programme officers to ensure that Implementing Partners’ (IP) requests are responded to.
- Ensure proper financial filling (FACE/technical notes, quarterly activities).
- Budget – finalize budget sheet, inputs AWP, and Payment Authorization forms.
- Follow up with finance the disbursement of funds requested by IPs.
- Completed Secondary Level Education required. First level university degree desirable
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of Five years of relevant experience in programme planning, monitoring and data support systems and in financial management in private, national and/or international organizations.
- Proficiency in current office software applications and corporate IT financial systems.
- IT ability to familiarize with web-based integrated system
- Some experience in research assistance.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
Fluency in English; knowledge of other official UN languages, preferably French is desirable.
- Exemplifying integrity
- Demonstrating commitment to UNFPA and the UN system
- Embracing diversity in all its forms
- Embracing change
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing and Applying Professional Expertise/Business Acumen
- Thinking analytically and Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing Ourselves and our Relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Providing logistical support
- Managing data
- Managing documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and work flow
- Planning, organizing and multitasking
UNFPA provides a work environment that reflects the values of gender equality, teamwork, Embracing diversity in all its forms, integrity and a healthy balance of work and life. We are committed to maintaining our balanced gender distribution and therefore encourage women to apply. UNFPA promotes equal opportunities for all including persons with disabilities.
This position offers an attractive remuneration package commensurate with the level of the post. The package includes a competitive net salary plus health insurance and other benefits.
WARNING TO APPLICANTS: UNFPA does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you have received a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web. Should you feel that you have received a fraudulent notice, letter or offer that makes use of the name or logo of UNFPA, you may submit a report through the UNFPA fraud hotline http://www.unfpa.org/help/hotline.cfm
Notice to applicants:
In accordance with the rules of the United Nations, persons applying to posts in the international Professional category, who hold permanent resident status in a country other than their country of nationality, are required to renounce such status upon their appointment.