AJPRODHO – JIJUKIRWA, “Association de la Jeunesse pour la Promotion des Droits de L’Homme et le Développement,” is a non-profit, non-Governmental Organization, dedicated to protect, promote human rights and Development registered with legal personality N0. 19/11, working to improve the situation of youth and children in Rwanda through human rights promotion, protection, research, advocacy, economic empowerment, and civil society strengthening.
Position: Programs Manager
Purpose: Programs Manager will play a key role in all aspects of activity management, coordination, planning, implementation, and reporting.
Reporting: This position will directly report to the Executive secretary
Duration: Full time
Starting date: 1st Oct 2021
Date of Publication: 10th Sep 2021
SCOPE OF WORK: The primary duties of the programs Manager will include:
- Coordinate all projects and activities within the organization
- Planning and implementation of the national project activities, providing proposals, and liaising with the technical staff and project coordinators in developing work plans, procurement, consultancies, budgeting, and disbursements.
- Establish close collaboration and working arrangements with an interdisciplinary team composed of experts from centralized and decentralized public services, NGOs, private sector, and other professional associations, to ensure timely conduct of organization activities.
- Monitor and supervise the execution of project and organization activities, and ensuring in particular close working relations with local authorities, and providing technical support and general supervision of District Project coordinators.
- Prepare the terms of reference and identify consultants/institutions to undertake assignments in accordance with the approved annual Work Plan, and submit required documentation to the executive secretary for approval.
- Organize and Participate in project meetings and workshops and other activities as required;
- Work in close collaboration with donors, partners, and public focal persons providing them with periodical reports on the progress of project activities and issues arising;
- Maintain close contacts with partners, ensuring adequate communication of organization and project activities
- Prepare, review quarterly, Annual reports and action Plan
- Any other duties as assigned by his superior
Skills and experience
- University qualification- minimum Bachelor’s degree or masters in any of the following disciplines Development studies, project management, international development, Law, governance, social sciences, communications, Education, economics or Health management and development or other relevant discipline.
- At least five years’ experience in development project management and/ or administration, including proposal development, fundraising skills, managing budgets, activity monitoring, evaluation, and reporting.
- Outstanding analytical and written skills, in English, with experience producing high-quality reports and other documentation for organization and other audiences.
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal and cross-cultural skills, with the ability develop and maintain effective relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders, public, development partners, private sector, and CSO’s in general.
- Proven organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to priorities, own workload, work effectively both independently and as part of a team, and deliver quality outputs within agreed timeframes.
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word©, Excel©, and PowerPoint©
- Experience with using information systems to generate complex reports and analysis to inform programs management and decision-making.
- Demonstrated understanding of gender equality and inclusion principles and a commitment to ensuring these are integrated into all aspects of work.
- Extensive, current professional networks across a range of sectors in Rwanda and beyond.
- Website knowledge/ management and social media experience (highly desirable).
How to apply
Please apply by e-mail to email@example.com mentioning ‘AJPRODHO Programs Manager’ in the subject line. The application package must include the following:
A motivation letter
Updated Curriculum vitae
Copies of degrees/Diploma
Providing recent references for reference check
Deadlines of receiving applications: 18 September 2021
Note: Qualified Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Incomplete submissions will not be considered. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.