SNV is a not-for-profit international development organisation that makes a lasting difference in the lives of people living in poverty by helping them raise incomes and access basic services. We focus on three sectors – agriculture, energy, and water, sanitation and hygiene – and have a long-term, local presence in 24 countries in Asia, Africa, and Latin America. Our team of just over 1,300 people is the backbone of SNV.
We apply our practical know-how to deliver results at scale. Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals, we are dedicated to a society in which all people are free to pursue their own sustainable development, and no one is left behind. This commitment to equity directs us to focus on gender and youth. By connecting our global expertise with our extensive and longstanding in-country experiences, we help realise locally-owned solutions.
Our services include advice, brokering and stakeholder engagement, advocacy, fund management, results-based financing, and delegated management.
We realise our impact through direct results and systems change. Our projects directly benefit millions of people and drive systems change – strengthening institutions and kickstarting markets to help many more people work their way out of poverty, well beyond the scope of projects.
- Canadian Embassies Recruitment 2023/2024 : Open Jobs/ Vacancies
- British Council Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now !
- UN-Habitat recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- UNHCR Volunteers recruitment 2023/2024 : Online application form
- World Food Programme ( WFP) Recruitment 2023/2024 : Apply now!
We are committed to operational excellence and are proud to be a not-for-profit organisation, implementing our mission exclusively through project financing. This requires us to work efficiently and to invest in operational excellence every day.
The Project Manager of the Regenerative Agricultural practices for improved Livelihoods and Markets: Creating conditions for successful adoption in Western Kenya and Western Rwanda is part of an SNV Rwanda Country Organisation. With a primary duty station in Rwanda with some travel to Kenya, The Project Manager will head the REALMS Project in Agriculture sector of both SNV Rwanda and Kenya.
The Project Manager leads a multi-country project (Rwanda & Kenya) and manages the planning, inception, implementation, closing and the workforce of the project, within scope, budget, timeline and acceptable quality levels along the commitments specified in the contracts signed with the donor(s) and other relevant stakeholders. The Project Manager works in line with SNV standards, SNV`s approach to project management and donor regulations, in order to achieve high quality and achieve the agreed results and deliverables of the project.
- Project Management: Leads, manages and motivates the project team, partners and relevant stakeholders. Plans and assigns deliverables and activities, reviews their progress and addresses deviations in terms of timelines and quality, based on project planning, deliverables agreed and budget set. Manages project closure and evaluation process including hand-over of complete and up-to-date project file to the Sector Leader, Country Director and Business Development unit based on project management procedures.
- Project quality assurance: Takes responsibility for the (technical) content of a project, ensures quality of the deliverables and ensures sufficient technical input to meet the quality standards.
- Stakeholder management: Builds and maintains professional, collaborative and constructive relationships with project partners, key governments stakeholders and project donor.
- Contract Management & Project Accounting: Manages and accounts for full compliance of administrative, finance and HR components of the project with SNV internal procedures and requirements specified in the donor-, sub-grant-, sub-consultancy-, partner-, consortium- and Local Capacity Builders contracts. Ensures that approval for, coding and booking of all expenditures is done according to the relevant procedures and authorisation levels. Prepares, accounts for, manages and reports on project budget (and revisions thereof). Discusses and obtains approval of donor for contract / budget deviations. Ensures security and (financial risk) mitigation (incl. due diligence). Fully understands procurement and comply with requirements and contracts.
- People Management & Team Leadership: Guides, develops, coaches and motivates team members and prepares resource estimation based on forecast in order to attract and recruit (SNV staff, consultants and/or Local Capacity Builders).
Advises HR and country management on contract conditions for consultants and Local Capacity Builders, within guidelines and project budget.
- Business development: Builds and maintains effective relationships, with team, external partners and the donor(s) by ensuring a high level of SNV visibility and branding. Signals and acts on potential for positioning, innovation, upscaling and potential follow up on projects. Timely recognises and analyses threats and makes sure relevant colleagues are informed.
- Analysis & Reporting: Ensures collection, consolidation and review of project information, according to SNV’s monitoring and evaluation guidelines. Analyses and provides advice to management how to incorporate the new insights/best practices into the organisation’s policies and practices.
- Knowledge Development: Contributes to internal and external knowledge development, by full documentation and sharing of project insights and results. Develops knowledge by attending workshops and conferences. Ensures lessons learned are shared and applied in daily practice. When applicable can be appointed as (national) focal point of an expertise network.
- Master’s degree in Agriculture, Rural Development, Environmental Sciences or relevant discipline (Proficiency level equivalent to).
- Minimum 7 years relevant experience in development work, project management and sector(s)
- Understanding of Rwandan and Kenyan agriculture sector.
- Experience managing a multi-country team. Effective remote management.
- Strong understanding of regenerative agriculture principles.
- Experience working with agribusiness entrepreneurs with a strong understanding of the agribusiness sector in Rwanda and Kenya.
- Able to strategically lead, inspire and energize the project/programme teams.
- Experience in collaborative and adaptive monitoring, evaluation and learning.
- Demonstrated experience in managing various programme/project partners.
- Excellent social and networking skills, able to engage with the private sector, civil society and governments, at all levels.
- Highly motivated self-starter, with strong organisational skills, serious in individual accountability.
- Strong strategic decision-making and excellent communication skills (written and oral), as well as reporting and presentation skills.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English.
- Willingness to travel to all programme/project locations, including remote, rural areas.
Contract Duration : 2 years
Contract Type: Open to Locals and Internationals
Duty Stations: Kigali, Rwanda (with periodic travel to Kenya)
Desired Start Date: December 1, 2022
Working at SNV
SNV offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package. We offer a challenging work environment, opportunities to lead and innovate, and a commitment to grow your skills, in a fulfilling and diverse working environment. Our staff benefit from, and contribute to, an internal global network of experts, across SNV’s 3 Sectors. For more information, please visit our website: www.snv.org
How to Apply
If you believe that your credentials meet the outlined profile, we invite you to apply by uploading your CV and letter of motivation by 20th of September 2022 by clicking on the link: I’m interested. All information provided will be treated in the strictest confidence.
We will require that you provide us with the full details of two people who are willing to act as a reference. We will not contact these references without your explicit permission.
Should SNV wish to proceed with your application, two interviews with a Selection Committee will take place.
SNV is an equal opportunities employer and female candidates are encouraged to apply.
We do not appreciate third-party mediation based on this advertisement
How to Apply
Please APPLY ONLINE at: https://jobs.smartrecruiters.com/SNV/743999848262130-project-manager-realms-project