Re-Advertised: Round 2.
STATEMENT OF WORK for Proposal Development Coordination Consultant (Proposal Coordinator)
A – BACKGROUND
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project is implemented by Chemonics and serves as the primary vehicle through which USAID 1) procures and provides health commodities, 2) provides technical assistance to improve partner countries’ management of the supply chain, and 3) collaborates with key international stakeholders to support global health initiatives.
As part of Chemonics’ project activities in Rwanda, GHSC-PSM needs a short-term local consultant to assist with the preparation and submission of the technical and financial proposal for a forth coming solicitation.
B.OBJECTIVES OF THE ASSIGNMENT
This position will serve as a conduit between the Rwanda GHSC-PSM team, the US-based Chemonics Home Office, and a local subcontractor during proposal development. Throughout the proposal, the Coordinator will provide hands-on administrative and operational support, ensure proposal team members are informed of their roles, responsibilities, deadlines, and resources available, communicate in a timely and effective manner with all parties and manage the flow of information between the involved teams.
The Proposal Coordinator will be based in GHSC-PSM Rwanda Office in Kigali, Rwanda with frequent travel to around the city for meetings with in-country stakeholders/partners.
Please note this is a short-term assignment
C – SCOPE OF WORK and TASKS
- Provide initial and ongoing logistical support to the proposal team and serve as central oversight point, keeping track of all proposal pieces and their status as they go through several stages of reviews.
- Lead the development of appropriate forms, templates and materials as required by the RFP/RFQ.
- Prepare and maintain proposal calendar in coordination with Proposal Director and establish review and submission timelines.
- Facilitate team communication through the development of team contact list and daily circulation of proposal status update email.
- Collect and organize RFP/RFQ questions from proposal team members and prepare for submission to USAID
- Organize and facilitate all regular proposal meetings. Send meeting requests, reserve conference rooms, prepare the agenda, and take notes on follow-up items.
- Check-in regularly with individual proposal team members to review tasks and deadlines.
- Facilitate provision of requested information from partners to GHSC-PSM Proposal team and vis versa.
- Review proposal documents thoroughly before sharing and save files to the designated share point folders on real time basis.
- Provide quality control working closely with team members to communicate suggested changes.
D – ESTIMATED LEVEL OF EFFORT/DURATION OF ASSIGNMENT
This assignment is anticipated to last for four weeks, with possibility of extension.
E – REPORTING
The Proposal Coordinator will report to the proposal development Director in GHSC-PSM
F– QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications, global health, supply chain, or another relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of experience in business development and strategy; public health program and/or supply chain experience preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills, self-motivated and well organized.
- Capable of both high-level, big picture thinking and analysis, as well as highly detailed work.
- Prior experience with USAID, its projects and/or Rwanda Ministry of Health is highly desired.
Interested applicants are encouraged to send their Cover letter, CV, degree and Certificates to the attention of: GHSC-PSM Country Director at “RwandaSCIS@ghsc-psm.org no later than April 20, 2021 at 5:00 PM Kigali time.